• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

First time contracting, looking for good accountants

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,

After being given some advice on here, I have looked at some other contracts. I am in last stages for interviewing for my first ever contract which is outside IR35 as well as close to home so I don't have to move. They have said I will be able to claim expenses too. So based on this, I I am going to go down the limited company route.

Does anyone have any good accountants that they have used over the years and would recommend? When I searched on google all of them give different take home pay. I want to ensure I work with someone who knows there stuff so I don't get HMRC knocking on my door later.

Any help appreciated

(sigh)...

If only we had a sticky at the top of this very part of a forum called Accountant Recommendation Threads
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

What makes you think it’s outside IR35??

Did your agent tell you this (or the client) if so and you believe this, I have some magic beans you can buy ?

Also if close to home - what expenses do you hope to claim ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        (sigh)...

If only we had a sticky at the top of this very part of a forum called Accountant Recommendation Threads
        found it thanks. Who are you using out of interest?

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
          What makes you think it’s outside IR35??

Did your agent tell you this (or the client) if so and you believe this, I have some magic beans you can buy ?

Also if close to home - what expenses do you hope to claim ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
          the company hiring me said that. Bear in mind I am not an IT professional. I work as an engineer in the railway and its with a private company so they have said it is outside of IR35.

do you thin its not true?

In terms of expenses I may have to travel about 2 hours to West Midalnds every now and then so can claim those

Comment

Originally posted by ContractingBrit View Post
            the company hiring me said that. Bear in mind I am not an IT professional. I work as an engineer in the railway and its with a private company so they have said it is outside of IR35.

do you thin its not true?
            It's possible. Get the contract checked by a company that knows what they're talking about - B&C, QDOS, AbbeyTax or the like

In terms of expenses I may have to travel about 2 hours to West Midalnds every now and then so can claim those
            You can claim them from YourCo. Whether or not YourCo can claim them from its client is depends on what's in the contract.

Golden Rule #1 - Do not ever confuse YourCo money and your money. They must always be treated entirely separately.
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

found it thanks. Who are you using out of interest?
              Did you read the first post?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                It's possible. Get the contract checked by a company that knows what they're talking about - B&C, QDOS, AbbeyTax or the like

You can claim them from YourCo. Whether or not YourCo can claim them from its client is depends on what's in the contract.

Golden Rule #1 - Do not ever confuse YourCo money and your money. They must always be treated entirely separately.
                Good thought about getting the contract checked out.

Yes the firm hiring me said, my Ltdcompany can claim expenses from them.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  Did you read the first post?
                  are you still with gorrila?
                  I contacted them and they have provided a sample pay slip, numbers look realistic

Comment

are you still with gorrila?
                    I contacted them and they have provided a sample pay slip, numbers look realistic
                    I am indeed. There is an update coming to that thread with a couple of changes. Already submitted but it might take a day or two to appear.

Comment

Working...
                    X