• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

First time contracting, looking for good accountants

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ContractingBrit View Post
    Hi I require insurance as per my contract which is as follows

Public Liability - £5m  Employers Liability - £10m  Professional Indemnity - £1m

I have got a quote of £620 for turnover of just under £100k.

Does that seem reasonable to the more experienced contractors here?
    Call Kingsbridge as they're a good outfit and much cheaper. Will DM you the details.

Comment

Originally posted by Invisiblehand View Post
      Call Kingsbridge as they're a good outfit and much cheaper. Will DM you the details.
      my quote is from Kingsbridge

Comment

my quote is from Kingsbridge
        That seems high. Maybe try Qdos.

Comment

How about a quote of £450, is that reasonable?

Comment

That's about what I pay. I'd say that's reasonable.

Comment

yes

Comment

Great thanks

Comment

Hi

I have been searching for good business bank accounts for my first contract as limited company. There doesn't seems to be too much difference in what you get mostly.

Santander seems good. Has anyone got experience with them, are they good?

or if you have other that are better, please suggest. I know from the forum, Metro bank is no good atm.

Comment

Hi

I have been searching for good business bank accounts for my first contract as limited company. There doesn't seems to be too much difference in what you get mostly.

Santander seems good. Has anyone got experience with them, are they good?

or if you have other that are better, please suggest. I know from the forum, Metro bank is no good atm.
                    Starling business. I've used them and have had no issues. V user friendly.

Comment

Santander is fine. I've been with them thick end of 8 years now without problem.

It seems quite a few people are gravitating to Tide and Starling now though due to them being digital rather than old skool banking.

To find the threads where they are discussed use the Google method for searching the forums. Type the following in to Google but change the 'tide' for whatever keyword you want to search for.

Tide site:forums.contractoruk.com

You should be using the search before posting questions like this as well as there have been many many banking recommendation requests so it's all on here already. Very useful tool.
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X