First time contracting, looking for good accountants First time contracting, looking for good accountants
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 41
  1. #1

    Still gathering requirements...


    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    28

    Default First time contracting, looking for good accountants

    Hello,

    After being given some advice on here, I have looked at some other contracts. I am in last stages for interviewing for my first ever contract which is outside IR35 as well as close to home so I don't have to move. They have said I will be able to claim expenses too. So based on this, I I am going to go down the limited company route.

    Does anyone have any good accountants that they have used over the years and would recommend? When I searched on google all of them give different take home pay. I want to ensure I work with someone who knows there stuff so I don't get HMRC knocking on my door later.

    Any help appreciated

  2. #2

    My post count is Majestic

    northernladuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    39,215

    Default

    (sigh)...

    If only we had a sticky at the top of this very part of a forum called Accountant Recommendation Threads
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

  3. #3

    More time posting than coding


    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    299

    Default First time contracting, looking for good accountants

    What makes you think it’s outside IR35??

    Did your agent tell you this (or the client) if so and you believe this, I have some magic beans you can buy ?


    Also if close to home - what expenses do you hope to claim ?



    Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

  4. #4

    Still gathering requirements...


    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    (sigh)...

    If only we had a sticky at the top of this very part of a forum called Accountant Recommendation Threads
    found it thanks. Who are you using out of interest?

  5. #5

    Still gathering requirements...


    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    What makes you think it’s outside IR35??

    Did your agent tell you this (or the client) if so and you believe this, I have some magic beans you can buy ?


    Also if close to home - what expenses do you hope to claim ?



    Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
    the company hiring me said that. Bear in mind I am not an IT professional. I work as an engineer in the railway and its with a private company so they have said it is outside of IR35.

    do you thin its not true?

    In terms of expenses I may have to travel about 2 hours to West Midalnds every now and then so can claim those

  6. #6

    Double Godlike!

    malvolio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Walking in the garden, dreaming of Olivia...
    Posts
    11,234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ContractingBrit View Post
    the company hiring me said that. Bear in mind I am not an IT professional. I work as an engineer in the railway and its with a private company so they have said it is outside of IR35.

    do you thin its not true?
    It's possible. Get the contract checked by a company that knows what they're talking about - B&C, QDOS, AbbeyTax or the like

    In terms of expenses I may have to travel about 2 hours to West Midalnds every now and then so can claim those
    You can claim them from YourCo. Whether or not YourCo can claim them from its client is depends on what's in the contract.

    Golden Rule #1 - Do not ever confuse YourCo money and your money. They must always be treated entirely separately.
    Blog? What blog...?

  7. #7

    My post count is Majestic

    northernladuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    39,215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ContractingBrit View Post
    found it thanks. Who are you using out of interest?
    Did you read the first post?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

  8. #8

    Still gathering requirements...


    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by malvolio View Post
    It's possible. Get the contract checked by a company that knows what they're talking about - B&C, QDOS, AbbeyTax or the like


    You can claim them from YourCo. Whether or not YourCo can claim them from its client is depends on what's in the contract.

    Golden Rule #1 - Do not ever confuse YourCo money and your money. They must always be treated entirely separately.
    Good thought about getting the contract checked out.

    Yes the firm hiring me said, my Ltdcompany can claim expenses from them.

  9. #9

    Still gathering requirements...


    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    Did you read the first post?
    are you still with gorrila?
    I contacted them and they have provided a sample pay slip, numbers look realistic

  10. #10

    My post count is Majestic

    northernladuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    39,215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ContractingBrit View Post
    are you still with gorrila?
    I contacted them and they have provided a sample pay slip, numbers look realistic
    I am indeed. There is an update coming to that thread with a couple of changes. Already submitted but it might take a day or two to appear.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •