• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Selling software, any good, affordable solicitor you can recommend?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Got to be a good deal. Estate agents are an honest, dependable bunch :
    I hope the app has original features.

Comment

Originally posted by osterfelder View Post
      This is exactly why I need legal advice
      that's not legal advice though.
      That's business advice.

Anything under 50% and you don't control the business.
      Anything over 80% and the other party has even greater control. The details elude me but you might as well have nothing if less than 20%.

If it's your product you should be demanding 51% and no less.

Or you could own the product yourself and license it to the new company. You could potentially have clauses that say if he boots you out, or dilutes your shares, then license is revoked. For that you WILL need legal advice.
      Last edited by Lance; 30 May 2019, 13:08.
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
        that's not legal advice though.
        That's business advice.

Anything under 50% and you don't control the business.
        Anything over 80% and the other party has even greater control. The details elude me but you might as well have nothing if less than 20%.

If it's your product you should be demanding 51% and no less.

Or you could own the product yourself and license it to the new company. You could potentially have clauses that say if he boots you out, or dilutes your shares, then license is revoked. For that you WILL need legal advice.
        There is certainly a 'magic' no. around 20%. The problem with 10% is that new shares get issued to the majority stakeholder diluting your %.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          There is certainly a 'magic' no. around 20%. The problem with 10% is that new shares get issued to the majority stakeholder diluting your %.
          I've also seen people get conned when they think they have some part of a company only to find out they have 50% of the class B shares, which are unrelated to ownership or remuneration.
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
          X