• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Selling software, any good, affordable solicitor you can recommend?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selling software, any good, affordable solicitor you can recommend?

Hello, I created a little online service for estate agents (I build different apps as hobby, outside my work hours).

I was recently approached by an estate agent, which would like to purchase this app from me. The idea is that we will set up a Ltd, of which I will own my share.

Anyways, their solicitor prepared an agreement and all the legal docs, however I would like someone to review this for me?

Do you know any affordable solicitor that deals with such cases?

Much appreciated

Originally posted by osterfelder View Post
    The idea is that we will set up a Ltd, of which I will own my share
    Come again?

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
      Come again?
      Got to be a good deal. Estate agents are an honest, dependable bunch :
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Hello, I created a little online service for estate agents (I build different apps as hobby, outside my work hours).

I was recently approached by an estate agent, which would like to purchase this app from me. The idea is that we will set up a Ltd, of which I will own my share.

Anyways, their solicitor prepared an agreement and all the legal docs, however I would like someone to review this for me?

Do you know any affordable solicitor that deals with such cases?

Much appreciated
        find a local solicitor, who you can meet face to face.
        Decide if you trust them.
        This will likely cost you a few thousand pounds. It will be money well spent.

If you can't afford a few thousand pounds get the estate agent to front up the cash for your own independent solicitor. If he won't then forget the deal and find another estate agent who will (if it's that good they'll be interested).
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

I would go to Rodger Sinclair of egos (forgive his website) if it was me

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

When he says purchase the app you mean purchase the ownership of th app, IP and all so he can sell on?

Why not hire a marketing guy to get you a plan together and do sell it to all the other agents yourself?
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              When he says purchase the app you mean purchase the ownership of th app, IP and all so he can sell on?

Why not hire a marketing guy to get you a plan together and do sell it to all the other agents yourself?
              The idea is that we will work together on extending this online service. They bring a lot of traffic to my website. I would just like to concentrate on technical side of the business while they will do promotion and get others to use it.

We are setting up a limited company. I will own 10% shares of it. For a lump sum, I will then transfer the app to that Ltd. Then, for any futher work on it, they will pay me normal hourly rate. Like I said, I'd love to continue expanding this service and they are bying this service as they want me to continue working on it too.

P.S. Thank you for an above recommendation, I will get in touch asap.

Comment

We are setting up a limited company. I will own 10% shares of it. For a lump sum, I will then transfer the app to that Ltd.
                And they with their 90% majority can then transfer the app on to their main business leaving you with nothing and you can't do anything to stop them.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  Got to be a good deal. Estate agents are an honest, dependable bunch :
                  As with anyone with who has the word 'agent' in their job title

Comment

Originally posted by SuperLooper View Post
                    And they with their 90% majority can then transfer the app on to their main business leaving you with nothing and you can't do anything to stop them.
                    This is exactly why I need legal advice

Comment

Working...
                    X