• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 Shuttle Bus

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    IR35 Shuttle Bus.
    IR35 Shuttle Bus who?

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
      IR35 Shuttle Bus who?
      IR35 Shuttle Busted for disguised employment.

Comment

IR35 Shuttle Busted for disguised employment.
        I'm here all week, folks.

Comment

Just use the bus... It's not really an employee perk, it's there to stop the company having to own too many parking spaces and to get a rebate on their business rates for encouraging public transport usage...

On a side-note there is no increased fascination in IR35, the decision to whether you are inside or not hasn't changed only the publicity of the legisaltion and the "responsibility" (i.e. the end client now has some skin in the game) has changed slightly

If you worry you might be inside IR35 today because of "the recent changes" then you probably always have been...

Comment

Originally posted by oilboil View Post
            Just use the bus... It's not really an employee perk, it's there to stop the company having to own too many parking spaces and to get a rebate on their business rates for encouraging public transport usage...

On a side-note there is no increased fascination in IR35, the decision to whether you are inside or not hasn't changed only the publicity of the legisaltion and the "responsibility" (i.e. the end client now has some skin in the game) has changed slightly

If you worry you might be inside IR35 today because of "the recent changes" then you probably always have been...
            What if it's an HMRC honey trap?

Comment

What if it's an HMRC honey trap?
              You'd know pretty quickly.

It would be poorly organised, have no timetable and end up delivering you some place other than where they said having wasted them billions of pounds and hours of work

Comment

Originally posted by oilboil View Post
                You'd know pretty quickly.

It would be poorly organised, have no timetable and end up delivering you some place other than where they said having wasted them billions of pounds and hours of work

Sounds like most clients.

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
                  well one director of another organisation mysteriously disappeared after I complained that he'd verbally abused me on the fora.
                  What did he say?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    What did he say?

It was muffled. John had wrapped him in a recumbent bike cover, so no one knows exactly what he said.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                      What did he say?
                      He was last seen on the IR35 Shuttle Bus.

Comment

Working...
                      X