• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 Shuttle Bus

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
    Both cases uphold my opinion that the ET is an effective weapon against IR35 and now CEST.
    Psychocandy tugs one off in the disabled bogs at his client twice a week and hasn't lost an IR35 case yet so that appears to be an effective weapon, even if his weapon isn't very effective. Maybe you should have tried that first? Would have been a lot cheaper.
    Last edited by northernladuk; 13 June 2019, 14:42.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

my contention is that you cannot be an employee for tax purposes and not an employee for employment benefits as there is no case law to support this or the reverse.
      As you say, there is nothing to support this contention, except the ramblings of someone who ignores his barrister's advice.

Comment

I love you, Old Greg.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          I love you, Old Greg.
          I'm da man.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Psychocandy tugs one off in the disabled bogs at his client twice a week and hasn't lost an IR35 case yet so that appears to be an effective weapon, even if his weapon isn't very effective. Maybe you should have tried that first? Would have been a lot cheaper.
            well, until I lost my ET case, I didn't know that HMRC were intending to investigate me under IR35. I obtained the info under the DPA as a result of a very different investigation from HMRC. In essence I was making it very difficult for HMRC to continue the investigation and was entirely successful in that venture. It pays to be difficult and stand your ground, as long as you know you haven't done anything illegal or questionable, which I hadn't. They tried to bully me, but second prize they had. However, I was so incensed by the whole issue of IR35 and HP's approach to me that I felt I had to do something to attack it. And as I've said, some critics in another place, who continue to "talk" a good campaign, were in short pants when I was fighting my case.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              As you say, there is nothing to support this contention, except the ramblings of someone who ignores his barrister's advice.
              as I hope you will see in the account I've sent you, I ignored a barrister's advice with a good result!

Comment

Who's going to point it out? Anyone?

Comment

as I hope you will see in the account I've sent you, I ignored a barrister's advice with a good result!
                  Did you win or lose the case?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    Did you win or lose the case?
                    I lost, which is exactly what I was intending to do and when you eventually read my account, you may begin to understand this. The issue with the barrister is contained in the account.

Comment

I lost, which is exactly what I was intending to do and when you eventually read my account, you may begin to understand this. The issue with the barrister is contained in the account.
                      Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                      Who's going to point it out? Anyone?
                      Just out of interest, John - did you for a moment wonder if that might not be Old Greg's real email address?

If he had given you [email protected], would you have sent your account there?
                      Last edited by mudskipper; 13 June 2019, 15:45.

Comment

Working...
                      X