• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 Shuttle Bus

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
    I lost, which is exactly what I was intending to do and when you eventually read my account, you may begin to understand this. The issue with the barrister is contained in the account.
    I hope you conducted yourself professionally and were a credit to the contracting community..

Oh.. Hang on....

It was clear that the late decision not to have legal representation had left John with little time to rehearse the legal arguments and to familiarize himself with the layout of the supporting bundles of evidence. The EAT showed some patience as he struggled to find document references – often having to rely on Miss Rose, the lawyer for the respondent, to supply the details.

John’s lack of legal experience also showed up as he sought to challenge the facts that had been presented at the ET and Mr Justice Elias was forced on a number of occasions to gently remind John that it was not the place of the EAT to reopen issues of fact that had been established and considered by the EAT.
    Who would have believed that bold bits huh. Not like you that is it?

John’s lack of legal experience
    But now you are trying to convince us you are billy big balls and worth listening to?
    Last edited by northernladuk; 13 June 2019, 15:47.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

******* hell OP, do you see what happens when you ask about the IR35 shuttle bus?
      This is why we never mention the IR35 shuttle bus.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        I hope you conducted yourself professionally and were a credit to the contracting community..

Oh.. Hang on....

Who would have believed that last line huh. Not like you that.

But now you are trying to convince us you are billy big balls and worth listening to?
        "I hope you conducted yourself professionally and were a credit to the contracting community."

well I hope I did, as this was my intention, despite the many criticisms I faced.

"But now you are trying to convince us you are billy big balls and worth listening to?"

well the title of the article should tell you something and there were those commentators who remarked that I must have had balls of steel.

As I've alluded to elsewhere, because of my Christian family upbringing and Grammar School education, I believe I try to live my life to high standards. Unfortunately the State doesn't live up to my expectations there.

Look at the proposed changes to IR35. There will be a penalty for a client if they determine an individual is not subject to IR35, when and if a court decides otherwise, but if they decide that an individual is subject to the regulations and they are in fact not, then there is no penalty. Doesn't that incense you? Don't you want to fight that unfairness in any way you can?

Comment

well the title of the article should tell you something and there were those commentators who remarked that I must have had balls of steel. ?
          Those kids that hang of cranes and film themselves have balls of steel. Still stupid pillocks though. Being called brave, or having balls of steel in no way indicates you are doing the right thing or that people even approve. To be totally honest I read it the other way that the comment you have balls of steel wasn't all that complimentary.

Comment

Originally posted by Guesstimator View Post
            ******* hell OP, do you see what happens when you ask about the IR35 shuttle bus?
            This is why we never mention the IR35 shuttle bus.
            It is the metaphorical shuttle bus that transports us to IR35.

Comment

Those kids that hang of cranes and film themselves have balls of steel. Still stupid pillocks though. Being called brave, or having balls of steel in no way indicates you are doing the right thing or that people even approve. To be totally honest I read it the other way that the comment you have balls of steel wasn't all that complimentary.
              you are entitled to your opinion, which in no way phases me.

on the other hand, the baby crying for her feed is another matter. Off now til tomorrow.

Comment

It would be unwise to publish any of the details on these fora.
                What would the consequences be?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  What would the consequences be?
                  He'd be the laughing stock again.

Comment

He'd be the laughing stock again.
                    It's a bit late for that.

Comment

This is all well and good. But I work on an oil rig. If he can't use the IR35 bus, I'm worried I'm going to have to buy myself a helicopter.

Comment

Working...
                      X