• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 Shuttle Bus

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sludgesurfer View Post
    This is all well and good. But I work on an oil rig. If he can't use the IR35 bus, I'm worried I'm going to have to buy myself a helicopter.

Comment

Originally posted by sludgesurfer View Post
      I'm worried I'm going to have to buy myself a helicopter.
      If it's an electric helicopter the BIK is only 2% next year.

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
        I lost, which is exactly what I was intending to do and when you eventually read my account, you may begin to understand this. The issue with the barrister is contained in the account.
        Hi John, first time caller, long time listener.

Serious question among the chaff from others, reading the Shout99 article you went to against HP hoping to lose to show HMRC evidence that you were not an employee? Have I got this right, if so what happened with HMRC, were you under investigation for IR35 at the time or just trying to get some evidence in case they came looking into you at a later date.
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by rapsberry View Post
          My client provides a free shuttle bus service from the nearest train station to their office. It is available to both contractors and permanents. I would like to know your opinions, would it put me inside IR35 if I take that shuttle bus 1-2 times a week?
          I understand that IR35 is more complicated than the usage of shuttle buses. But still would like to know if it is considered safe to use it?
          What did you decide to do in the end?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            What did you decide to do in the end?
            He decided that IR35 is more complicated than the usage of shuttle buses.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
              He decided that IR35 is more complicated than the usage of shuttle buses.
              Unless the client is directing the OP to use the IR35 Shuttle Bus.

Maybe JTB could bring the client to tribunal on behalf of the OP, to enforce a contractual obligation to use the IR35 Shuttle Bus, and then lose on appeal, thus cunningly establishing a lack of employer / employee relationship.

Comment

Unless the client is directing the OP to use the IR35 Shuttle Bus.

Maybe JTB could bring the client to tribunal on behalf of the OP, to enforce a contractual obligation to use the IR35 Shuttle Bus, and then lose on appeal, thus cunningly establishing a lack of employer / employee relationship.
                D&C is important, but not necessarily decisive. If the OP were allowed to substitute the IR35 Shuttle Bus for the IR35 Tram, for example, that would help.

Comment

D&C is important, but not necessarily decisive. If the OP were allowed to substitute the IR35 Shuttle Bus for the IR35 Tram, for example, that would help.
                  Knock knock.

Comment

Knock knock.
                    Who's there?

Comment

Who's there?
                      IR35 Shuttle Bus.

Comment

Working...
                      X