IR35 Shuttle Bus IR35 Shuttle Bus
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 114

Nervous Newbie

Default IR35 Shuttle Bus

My client provides a free shuttle bus service from the nearest train station to their office. It is available to both contractors and permanents. I would like to know your opinions, would it put me inside IR35 if I take that shuttle bus 1-2 times a week?
    I understand that IR35 is more complicated than the usage of shuttle buses. But still would like to know if it is considered safe to use it?

More time posting than coding

Yes it would, stop immediately

In the case of Lister v Rimmer the shuttle bus was the No1 IR35 reason

Also if the client does free coffee from the vending machine - leave 50p in a cup nearby

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

I Am Legend

Quote Originally Posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    Yes it would, stop immediately

In the case of Lister v Rimmer the shuttle bus was the No1 IR35 reason

Also if the client does free coffee from the vending machine - leave 50p in a cup nearby

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
    I think you forgot the

BTW I would expense the 50p.....

My post count is Majestic

Looking at that question I'd say the biggest threat to your IR35 status is you and you complete lack of understanding.

If you do the same as a permie surely HMRC will think you are a permie.

Best thing to do is walk it. Through pissing rain and driving snow, waving cheerfully as the shuttle bus swerves to hit the puddle drenching you as it passes. Permies wouldn't do that so it's a great flag you are way outside.
    Last edited by northernladuk; 11th June 2019 at 07:03.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

I live on CUK

Quote Originally Posted by rapsberry View Post
    My client provides a free shuttle bus service from the nearest train station to their office. It is available to both contractors and permanents. I would like to know your opinions, would it put me inside IR35 if I take that shuttle bus 1-2 times a week?
    I understand that IR35 is more complicated than the usage of shuttle buses. But still would like to know if it is considered safe to use it?
    Send a substitute to use the bus and then you have a bulletproof IR35 defence. Darren Test is available if there is free parking nearby.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

Still gathering requirements...

Direction and Control might be an issue here. Make sure the bus driver knows where he's going, and he sticks to the speed limit.

Should post faster

Quote Originally Posted by rapsberry View Post
    Take the free bus FFS.
    ---

Former member of IPSE.

Super poster

It's so easy to mock but I can completely understand that HMRC's approach to enforcing legislation that even they don't fully understand does lead people to second guess pretty much everything.

The bus is fine.

TykeLike

Lets extrapolate the question to the ridiculous, do you use ClientCo internet access, electricity or tulipter?
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

― Marcus Aurelius

My post count is Majestic

Quote Originally Posted by ladymuck View Post
    It's so easy to mock but I can completely understand that HMRC's approach to enforcing legislation that even they don't fully understand does lead people to second guess pretty much everything.
    To some extent yes, but second guessing would indicate you have a clue and are just having difficulty matching up your knowledge against HMRC's legislation.. and there is this type of question.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!