• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ET/EAT

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ET/EAT

This topic came up in another thread. I've been out of the UK contracting scene for a few years. What is it all about?

Just eat - new delivery service to bring you food

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Alien with short legs, wanted to call home.

Comment

Now you've done it.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          This topic came up in another thread. I've been out of the UK contracting scene for a few years. What is it all about?
          without seeming to aggravate anyone, I've always contended that the way to counter IR35 is by use of the ET/EAT route, where HMRC have no jurisdiction, if they are not the client. Granted, there are issues with timing, which it seems no one has attempted to clarify. However, other organisations have been opposed to this in principle in the past, but recently have adopted this very approach. So make up your own mind.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

Now you've done it.
            What???

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              What???
              There's going to be a lot of that...

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
                without seeming to aggravate anyone, I've always contended that the way to counter IR35 is by use of the ET/EAT route, where HMRC have no jurisdiction, if they are not the client. Granted, there are issues with timing, which it seems no one has attempted to clarify. However, other organisations have been opposed to this in principle in the past, but recently have adopted this very approach. So make up your own mind.
                So what is ET/EAT?

Will I regret asking?

Comment

employment tribunal?

(have i got a whoosh coming my way?)

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    So what is ET/EAT?

Will I regret asking?
                    they are organisations which determine an individual's employment status and they should have no vested interest in finding either way. I'm not so sure about the First Tier Tribunal, previously the Tax Commissioners.

Comment

Working...
                    X