• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone use the Insolvency Service for Redundancy Payments - Experiences?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone use the Insolvency Service for Redundancy Payments - Experiences?

Hello,

I registered with the Insolvency Service for a redundancy payment from an insolvent employer (Crystal Umbrella) in December 2018. Filled out the form and got an LN number back.

Received an email stating 'We process 95% of applications within 6 weeks and will write to you with the outcome of your application. '

And it's been over 6 months to date with no written anything.

Tried calling them over the last 4 weeks and the redundancy line is continually engaged.
    Tried emailing them many times asking to call or write about an update - nothing (other than the automated reply on receipt).
    Tried raising an official (web based) complaint about lack of any meaningful update in 6 months (unreasonable delay) and....nothing. They've missed their 10 working day tier 1 response.

Is this delay and comms normal for the Insolvency Service?
    Does anyone have any tips for the best way to contact them (registered letter?), or do you just have to wait it out?

I don't mind waiting in line with everyone else if the dept. is stretched, but the lack of any update is concerning - unless it's all completely normal.

Thanks,

Finally got a call back from the official complaint. Still no reply from any email questions.

When you do get to speak with them they're polite and seem quite professional.

The Insolvency Service had a new computer system installed in March and the transition hasn't gone smoothly. They're still dealing with fall out from that.

Comment

Originally posted by killingtime View Post
      The Insolvency Service had a new computer system installed in March and the transition hasn't gone smoothly. They're still dealing with fall out from that.
      Crap contractors on inside contracts. HMRC, are you taking note?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I used to be TA for INSS a few years back and used to go to Brum weekly. The service was transitioned to a new supplier in 2014....
        I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

It is unlikely that there will be any money to be distributed to any creditors, what little there is will go to the administrators.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
          X