• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bank Recomendations leaving Cashplus

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RyanDS View Post
    What issues did you have with Cashplus?

I am using them at the moment and have been thinking about moving, this could be the kick I need.
    Had a number of small issues then one big one...

1) For a number of months they were rejecting payments made from Sagepay CC portals - half the providors on Booking.com use this so was a pain in the arse to book accom.

2) They would randomly bounce back payments from my agency and then they'd need to be reprocessed.

3) A significant payment via bank transfer has dissapeared into a black hole. Sending bank have provided all the info requested and CP are dragging their heels - its impossible to speak to anyone who has an authority or deals with missing payments.

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
      +1 for Starling.
      +2 for Starling.

Comment

I have been with HSBC for years. I believe they integrate with FA but I don't use it so can't say. I assume that if FA use the Open Banking malarky then it'll be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Wonky View Post
          Had a number of small issues then one big one...

1) For a number of months they were rejecting payments made from Sagepay CC portals - half the providors on Booking.com use this so was a pain in the arse to book accom.

2) They would randomly bounce back payments from my agency and then they'd need to be reprocessed.

3) A significant payment via bank transfer has dissapeared into a black hole. Sending bank have provided all the info requested and CP are dragging their heels - its impossible to speak to anyone who has an authority or deals with missing payments.

The significant payment popped up 4 days after it went missing as a return to the party sending it. CP customer service was below par in my view.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            I have been with HSBC for years. I believe they integrate with FA but I don't use it so can't say. I assume that if FA use the Open Banking malarky then it'll be fine.
            Currently the FA HSBC integration is fairly poor. There's no direct feed so it relies on Yodlee, and two factor authentication (whilst obviously making it more secure) makes the feed a real pain. MVL Online use HSBC, happy with it otherwise, and just accept we use manual transaction download/upload for the FreeAgent side of things.

...but yeah, if/when the banks finally get up to speed with the "Open Banking malarky" then any/all bank data integrations should be virtually identical.

Comment

Originally posted by Maslins View Post
              Currently the FA HSBC integration is fairly poor. There's no direct feed so it relies on Yodlee, and two factor authentication (whilst obviously making it more secure) makes the feed a real pain. MVL Online use HSBC, happy with it otherwise, and just accept we use manual transaction download/upload for the FreeAgent side of things.

...but yeah, if/when the banks finally get up to speed with the "Open Banking malarky" then any/all bank data integrations should be virtually identical.
              Good to know, thanks! I use Sage One and it connects seamlessly to HSBC

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                Good to know, thanks! I use Sage One and it connects seamlessly to HSBC
                Yeah I believe HSBC links beautifully with Xero too, but not FreeAgent. Until all the open banking stuff is complete, each software company needs to get a bespoke agreement/technical solution with each bank. Hence it's not necessarily a case of some banks are better/worse than others, more that bank A works well with software X, whilst bank B works well with software Y.

Comment

We recommend Tide - they do have their own integration to FreeAgent, and works well!

KR
                  Sophie
                  Dolan Accountancy

Contractor Umbrella

01442 795 100

Comment

I have been using Tide for a couple of Years - no issues

I use Starling for International Payments as Tide hasn't enacted this feature yet

Comment

For those interested in the open banking/FreeAgent integration side of things, see the below blog posts:
                      - open banking coming soon,
                      - which banks are participating.

The latter has most of the big, traditional banking names in there. None of the "challenger banks" though. Having said that, not being on this list doesn't mean there is no integration.

Comment

Working...
                      X