• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bank Recomendations leaving Cashplus

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bank Recomendations leaving Cashplus

Hi,

Having a number of issues with Cashplus and I'm thinking it's time to vote with my feet.

Any recommendations?

- needs Freeagent integration
    - decent customer service
    - Lowish fees

Ty

Originally posted by Wonky View Post
    - Lowish fees
    Cater Allen ticks those 3 boxes. Downsides of Cater Allen from my perspective are:
    - doesn't properly support faster payments (so takes 1-2 working days for payments made to arrive),
    - the account sign up process is painful.
    Apparently both the above are being worked on...

Comment

Well I'm with Santander and haven't have no complaints after 8 odd years. Odd hiccup with the site but who hasn't in that time. That's my overall feeling but have to be honest with your points...

needs Freeagent integration - It's worked perfectly for me from day 1

decent customer service - I think I've only needed customer services 2 or 3 times in 8 years BUT I have seen a lot of noise about Santander's customer service not being very good. I'd hardly call most banks customers services any cop though.

Lowish fees - 7.5 a month I think. Dunno if that's low but to me it's peanuts for a service I've been happy with for 8 years.

I did see a post the other day about someone being hacked off with Santander and leaving so, like most organisations I'd guess, something goes wrong and people leave.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wonky View Post
        Hi,

Having a number of issues with Cashplus and I'm thinking it's time to vote with my feet.

Any recommendations?

- Lowish fees

Ty
        I also had massive problems with Cashplus - still £6k out of pocket more than a year on, and in the second round of review with the Ombudsman. Horrific experience.

I went to Starling a few months back. They have recently implemented FreeAgent integration which has worked well thus far, customer service has been fine when I've needed them, and no annual fee / fee for exceeding a given number of transactions.

Comment

Been using Barclays for the past 7ish years, zero issues, near instantaneous customer support via the mobile app chat, sorting odd queries like address change etc. Has FA integration, the monthly fee is £6.50 and you get about 0.97 pack via some obscure "loyalty reward" that I have never questioned.

Contemplating a switch to Starling, the only thing stopping me is that I use it for personal banking and a bit reluctant to place both with the same bank.

Comment

What issues did you have with Cashplus?

I am using them at the moment and have been thinking about moving, this could be the kick I need.

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
              Contemplating a switch to Starling, the only thing stopping me is that I use it for personal banking and a bit reluctant to place both with the same bank.

Switch to Monzo for your personal banking then.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperLooper View Post
                Switch to Monzo for your personal banking then.
                nah interest rate + portrait Debit card > Monzo

Comment

Tide

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

+1 for Starling.

I have my main personal current account with them as well fwiw.

Comment

Working...
                    X