• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract cancelled - Agency refusing to pay notice period

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I worked with a contractor once who was a complete chancer. Turned up to meetings with no means of taking notes or recording actions; they soon got found out he could not do the role, to be fair to him, he did manage 3 months of blagging it! Even if you're a bit tired the client has seen something they did not like and you have been binned. Chalk it off to experience and move on.
    Last edited by BlueSharp; 20 June 2019, 11:24.
    Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Originally posted by simes View Post
      Isn't being narcoleptic relating just to people, not events?

'...likely to be narcolepsy inducing.' ?
      It was a metonymic shortcut to save typing out the word 'inducing.' Any normal person would know what was meant and therefore it shouldn't have been necessary.

Because of you I have to type out this entire answer instead. Thanks. You just wasted bandwidth and forced me to waste more. You are a bad person and should feel bad.

Comment

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
        It was a metonymic shortcut to save typing out the word 'inducing.' Any normal person would know what was meant and therefore it shouldn't have been necessary.

Because of you I have to type out this entire answer instead. Thanks. You just wasted bandwidth and forced me to waste more. You are a bad person and should feel bad.
        Really it is because of you, not because of simes. You should be angry with yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          Really it is because of you, not because of simes. You should be angry with yourself.
          Who said I was angry? But you are right, it is my fault for expecting people on the Internet to understand metonymy.

Comment

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
            Who said I was angry? But you are right, it is my fault for expecting people on the Internet to understand metonymy.
            Don't beat yourself up too much.

Comment

Working...
            X