• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PAYE Contractor as second job

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pscont View Post
    Technically the PAYE role has nothing to do with the LTD more than adding to my personal annual income that I got from the LTD as salary.
    I do my own SATR, so my LTD accountant dont have a say and/or responsibility for this as well.
    I read somewhere that I need to use BR code for second job, but I am not quite clear as to why and/or when.
    The BR code means "Basic Rate" which means you don't take into account the personal allowance. If you have two jobs then you inform HMRC and they'll assign you a new tax code to one of your employers.

It is probably best to talk to your accountant, as it looks like you'll need to sort this out with HMRC. At the very least you should contact HMRC, they will probably want to know what your expected income is.
    Last edited by BlasterBates; 26 June 2019, 14:41.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Thanks to all except NLUK, who once again proved he is here to waste bandwidth writing tulip.
      If no one has anything to add, topic can be closed to keep it clean, 'cause NLUK will be around soon to tulip some more.

Comment

Originally posted by pscont View Post
        Well, if you want to get to the bottom, be my guest. Start by explaining what an employee is and what it is not.
        Than I will send you my accountant's opinion and we can take it from there.
        I dont suppose you think I will start explaining myself to an irritating stranger in a forum, don't you?
        Well no but it's pretty fundamental and key to certain decisions. It's a common mistake made by people that they assume they are an employee of their Limited and they are not, they are a director. It makes a difference. If you were an employee you are subject to NMW and P45 etc maybe an issue. If you are a director you are not.

So it's fairly important to get the right facts before we can help you with a question when those facts are pertinent to the situation... and you should really know if you are running a business.

To be fair 4 people replied to you and all mentioned speaking to your accountant so not sure how that is wasting bandwidth writing tulip? As posts go I thought I'd not done a bad job of this one to be fair.

Not sure why that gets your back up.
        Last edited by northernladuk; 26 June 2019, 15:06.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X