• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Zero Sum Invloces

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zero Sum Invloces

I have a very small Plan B that is starting to get a bit of traction, the first "customer" I am not charging as a loss leader as they are brining me more people and I guess I have two options:
    1. Don't invoice at all
    2. Invoice with 100% discount

Any reason to choose one over the other, I use FreeAgent so admin wise it's zero extra effort to raise an invoice with zero balance?
    Last edited by SimonMac; 28 June 2019, 11:17.
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

I'd use the 100% discount. Sets the tone that what you are providing has value.

I think it is just a matter of personal preference, I can't see that it would matter as far as accounting.

Comment

I'd do the same as well. I'd personally like to see it there as some form of paper trail in case it's needed in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        I have a very small Plan B that is starting to get a bit of traction, the first "customer" I am not charging as a loss leader as they are brining me more people and I guess I have two options:
        1. Don't invoice at all
        2. Invoice with 100% discount

Any reason to choose one over the other, I use FreeAgent so admin wise it's zero extra effort to raise an invoice with zero balance?
        3rd option. Raise invoice and credit note at the same time.
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
          3rd option. Raise invoice and credit note at the same time.
          4th option : Raise an invoice with Free of Charge and £0.00.

Comment

5th option - don't bother with any of the above because no one knows what an Invloce is.

Comment

6th option. Raise invoice for 5k + VAT and see what happens.

Comment

7th option. Go to the pub.

Comment

Working...
                X