• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Entrepreneurs Relief

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Entrepreneurs Relief

Hi,

My LTD company is currently 1 years old and i was thinking of winding it down in March 2020 and claiming ER on the retained profits. can i do this or does the company have to be at least 2 years old before i can take this course of action?
    thanks

bamber.

A 5 second search on google and a 10 second read of the page it brings up finds.

Entrepreneurs' Relief - GOV.UK

If you’re selling all or part of your business
    To qualify for relief, both of the following must apply:

you’re a sole trader or business partner
    you’ve owned the business for at least 2 years before the date you sell it
    Bit more effort is required. Better still, discuss with your accountants to make sure you are picking the optimal closing strategy that suits your individual requirements.
    Last edited by NCOTBAC; 2 July 2019, 11:51.

Comment

Originally posted by Bamber View Post
      Hi,

My LTD company is currently 1 years old and i was thinking of winding it down in March 2020 and claiming ER on the retained profits. can i do this or does the company have to be at least 2 years old before i can take this course of action?
      thanks

bamber.
      In basic terms, you'll be eligible to claim ER if you're an office holder, hold at least 5% of the shares in the company, the company is at least 24 months old and you've traded within that period.

Comment

Working...
      X