• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Receiving wages from a US company, any decent banks/money transfer services?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Receiving wages from a US company, any decent banks/money transfer services?

Hey guys,

Figured there could be some here who do international transfers without getting hit from every angle with inflated exchange rates and charges.

I'm in the final process of ironing out work with a US company, and just seeing if theres a better way to get paid than wire transfer and lots of fee's at the US end.

Cheers!

Yup. TransferWise. Incredibly simple, intuitive, UI and close to interbank rates. Overall, it works out to around 0.3% charges on Cable, I think, compared to, say, 2%+ charges with a highstreet bank (on a rate that is often nowhere near interbank to begin with). No connection, just a happy customer - I have both personal and business accounts.

Comment

Wait, didn't I just reply to this?

Comment

I think there's an echo

Comment

Yup. TransferWise. Incredibly simple, intuitive, UI and close to interbank rates. Overall, it works out to around 0.3% charges on Cable, I think, compared to, say, 2%+ charges with a highstreet bank (on a rate that is often nowhere near interbank to begin with). No connection, just a happy customer - I have both personal and business accounts.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Thanks will check out the link James

Not sure how I managed a double post

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
              Wait, didn't I just reply to this?
              Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              I think there's an echo
              Originally posted by swissdt View Post
              Not sure how I managed a double post
              It happens. Duplicate deleted, jamesbrown's post moved to this one.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                It happens. Duplicate deleted, jamesbrown's post moved to this one.
                We know that, it's just more fun to take the mickey

Comment

As an alternative (not much between Transferwise and this mob) try XE dot com . I have been using them regularly for a few years now, they are extremely efficient and cheap. They are especially good for lower amounts since there is no minimum fee involved. I can also recommend using a Revolut card to help juggle a multi-currency lifestyle too. Hope that helps.
                  Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                  Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Thanks Fred!

I signed up for transferwise which impressed me at the intuitiveness and ease of it all, i'll keep xe in mind as a backup too

Comment

Working...
                    X