• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

From permanent employment to abroad contractor

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From permanent employment to abroad contractor

Hi everyone,

I couldn't find any information about my situation so posting this new thread.

I've been working in IT industry for my employer couple of years here in UK and I've lived here, paid all my taxes, NI etc.

Now I decided to move abroad to live outside UK (EU country). I'm going to setup a new company within that EU country and pay taxes and insurance there.

I also want to keep providing services for the same company (previously an employer) as my client and invoice them monthly.

As I'm not going to have any taxes, NI to pay in UK as I'm not going to live here anymore - is that any concern for IR35 or any other law - I believe not but I can't find any information to confirm my concerns? In case I visit England again I don't want to have any inconveniences.

Where will you work?
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

In case I visit England again I don't want to have any inconveniences.
      Brexit is gonna make sure there is.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Br***t is gonna make sure there is.
        ftfy

Comment

If you live in another country and work in another country, you are not going to owe tax in the UK, despite your client being based in the UK.

Comment

Where will you work?
            I'm going to live and work outside UK (in EU). I will only visit UK maybe for a week every half year.

If you live in another country and work in another country, you are not going to owe tax in the UK, despite your client being based in the UK.
            This is exactly how I think but just wanted to make sure if there is something I'm not aware of...

Thanks everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by bosslog View Post
              I'm going to live and work outside UK (in EU). I will only visit UK maybe for a week every half year.

This is exactly how I think but just wanted to make sure if there is something I'm not aware of...

Thanks everyone!
              are you going to work locally on your own hardware and then ship the finished product to the uk?
              or log into uk based systems remotely?
              if the latter, the work will be deemed to be performed in the uk, and subject to uk tax etc.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                are you going to work locally on your own hardware and then ship the finished product to the uk?
                or log into uk based systems remotely?
                if the latter, the work will be deemed to be performed in the uk, and subject to uk tax etc.
                By your logic half of India etc. IT workers have to pay tax abroad...
                I'm working for a multinational and regularly logged to French and US servers, do I have to pay French/US tax?

Comment

Working...
                X