From permanent employment to abroad contractor From permanent employment to abroad contractor
Posts 1 to 8 of 8

Nervous Newbie

Default From permanent employment to abroad contractor

Hi everyone,

I couldn't find any information about my situation so posting this new thread.

I've been working in IT industry for my employer couple of years here in UK and I've lived here, paid all my taxes, NI etc.

Now I decided to move abroad to live outside UK (EU country). I'm going to setup a new company within that EU country and pay taxes and insurance there.

I also want to keep providing services for the same company (previously an employer) as my client and invoice them monthly.

As I'm not going to have any taxes, NI to pay in UK as I'm not going to live here anymore - is that any concern for IR35 or any other law - I believe not but I can't find any information to confirm my concerns? In case I visit England again I don't want to have any inconveniences.

Respect my authoritah!

Where will you work?
    Hmm. I'm beginning to suspect that you need to find all the packing the computer came in...

My post count is Majestic

In case I visit England again I don't want to have any inconveniences.
    Brexit is gonna make sure there is.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Godlike

Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    Br***t is gonna make sure there is.
    ftfy
    Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
    Inertia, however........................

Contractor Among Contractors

If you live in another country and work in another country, you are not going to owe tax in the UK, despite your client being based in the UK.

Nervous Newbie

Where will you work?
    I'm going to live and work outside UK (in EU). I will only visit UK maybe for a week every half year.

If you live in another country and work in another country, you are not going to owe tax in the UK, despite your client being based in the UK.
    This is exactly how I think but just wanted to make sure if there is something I'm not aware of...

Thanks everyone!

Godlike

Quote Originally Posted by bosslog View Post
    I'm going to live and work outside UK (in EU). I will only visit UK maybe for a week every half year.

This is exactly how I think but just wanted to make sure if there is something I'm not aware of...

Thanks everyone!
    are you going to work locally on your own hardware and then ship the finished product to the uk?
    or log into uk based systems remotely?
    if the latter, the work will be deemed to be performed in the uk, and subject to uk tax etc.
    Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
    Inertia, however........................

Contractor Among Contractors

Quote Originally Posted by BR14 View Post
    are you going to work locally on your own hardware and then ship the finished product to the uk?
    or log into uk based systems remotely?
    if the latter, the work will be deemed to be performed in the uk, and subject to uk tax etc.
    By your logic half of India etc. IT workers have to pay tax abroad...
    I'm working for a multinational and regularly logged to French and US servers, do I have to pay French/US tax?