• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Perm to contractor question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perm to contractor question

Hi - I am a permie and have worked for a company for about two years. I am thinking of going contracting there, and the company said there may be IR35 concerns at me doing this. Apparently made more complicated by the fact I was originally a contractor there for about 6 months originally.... Does anyone know of any problems me or the company may face by doing this?

Thanks,

Tristan

Originally posted by Tristan Nguyen View Post
    Hi - I am a permie and have worked for a company for about two years. I am thinking of going contracting there, and the company said there may be IR35 concerns at me doing this. Apparently made more complicated by the fact I was originally a contractor there for about 6 months originally.... Does anyone know of any problems me or the company may face by doing this?
    The company won't face any problems.. You, on the other hand....

Read up a bit on IR35 first to get a basic grasp. There are links on the right hand side.
    Then do a search using terms like contractor to perm or similar using the google search method here.
    https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...uk-forums.html

This has been covered many times and it's not complicated so have a look around first then come back to us with any more specific questions you have.

EDIT : Might want to mail admin to change your username if that is your real name as well.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      The company won't face any problems.. You, on the other hand....
      Probably a hell of a lot more straightforward to just finding a new client to contract with. Moving from perm to psc with the same end client will really expose you to considerable down side risk/uncertainty.

Might want to mail admin to change your username if that is your real name as well.
      ^^ This!

Comment

Originally posted by Tristan Nguyen View Post

Thanks,

Tristan
        If you want to take the contract, you could:

1. Be inside IR35
        2. Agree a fixed price contract and be outside IR35, or
        3. Get an industry standard, e.g. QDOS, outside IR35 contract and actually use a substitute.

Comment

4. Leave, find a new client and be a proper contractor.

Comment

4. Leave, find a new client and be a proper contractor.

If you want to take the contract...

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post

If you want to take the contract...
              4a. Take the contract, immediately hand notice in, find a new client and be a proper contractor.

Comment

Working...
              X