• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Keeping money in your company, or withdrawing it

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all,

Many thanks for replying. Yes, I have been contracting a long time (24ys). The trouble is that when I first started I looked up the nuts and bolts of these subjects, then over the 10 years working, forgot why, how, CT, etc etc. I suddenly thought why am I doing this again and whether at my age / new laws / changes in CT and what you can / cant do now that I might need to change my usual ways of working.

My company wat chest is good, always is as 24 years of contracting has taught me that 24hrs is a long time / life changing and tomorrow could be a rainy day :-)

Actually, thinking about it, I went down the road of capital distribution about 17 years ago, i.e. loaded up my company then closed it down paying CG on the amount. Is this still about ? I remember the rules were going to change in 2007/8 ?

I should of known / remembered that CT were included in CT. Apologies for this.

Time to go see a tax advisor and get my long term strategy dusted off / reviewed.

Excellent as ever though, well done all.

SBK

Comment

Working...
    X