• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bad experience with TEKSystems/Allegis?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Onbording was rubbish. Recruiter was doing his best trying to make me switch to one of their umbrellas. Would not issue a contract so threatened not to show on site, than he lied to client that i wanted to pospone onboarding while he was still not issuing contract. Picking issues with the ltd company that were non of his concern. I would avoild like the plague unless it is the only choice to get the client.

Comment

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
      My experience as well. He took me for a coffee to chat about contracts coming up but was quizzing me all the time about previous bosses I worked under.

I have a terrible memory and probably gave him a few wrong names

He then called a couple of weeks later to say the contract was close but two referees up front would speed things up. I declined saying I would give them as soon as he secured the contract.

That was a couple of months ago and, funnily enough, I haven't heard a peep since.
      I've had that also. But I just tell them out right that I'm not going to give names of previous bosses/contacts. Makes for quite a tumbleweedy coffee....so what did you watch on tv last night?
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by HappyMandarin View Post
        Has anyone else had a bad experience with TEKSystems/Allegis? I've found them incredibly slow and inefficient at onboarding, and completely disuninterested in the cost this inflicts on the contractor waiting to start.

If anyone else has had problems and/or solutions, please let me know!
        Fixed that for you. Disinterested means have an interest but are not personally affected by it. TEKSystems/Allegis according to you have no interest at all.

With agents wanting contacts, I give them the names and phone numbers of other agents.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          With agents wanting contacts, I give them the names and phone numbers of other agents.
          ^^ This. Always this.
          ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
          Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Re: problem with TEKSystems

Originally posted by HappyMandarin View Post
            Has anyone else had a bad experience with TEKSystems/Allegis? I've found them incredibly slow and inefficient at onboarding, and completely disinterested in the cost this inflicts on the contractor waiting to start.

If anyone else has had problems and/or solutions, please let me know!
            I recently accepted a contract through TEKSystems. There would be a month before I started and that suited me. I was advised the onboarding would take a few weeks. I’d already had another offer but decided this was a better contract. I checked with the agent before accepting that the project was definitely going ahead (it was a big well known client) and after being reassured I accepted the contract.

The onboarding was a nightmare. They wanted a copy of my degree (which I sent) but that wasn’t enough, they contacted the University for confirmation. They wanted details of all my contracts for the last five years and checked every single reference. They wanted me to travel to one of their offices to verify my passport (a copy wasn’t enough) although they finally dropped that condition. I had to pay for my own criminal check. The person doing the onboarding was slow in responding, lost some of the things I sent and then took ages to check stuff.

They also wanted me to consent to a media check (which I did). They waited two weeks before starting the check which they then told me could take two weeks which would have meant it would not have been complete before my start date.

Throughout this time they would not issue my contract until all compliance checks were completed.

A few days before I was due to start they still hadn’t issued my contract. When I threatened to contact the client directly my agent told me the contract had been cancelled.

My agent claimed he didn’t know the client was going to cancel the contract right until he told me. Truth is I knew something was wrong for at least a couple of weeks. They were evasive about the progress of the compliance checks and refused to issue my contract.

This is my second contract through TEkSystems. I would never deal with them again.

Comment

Working...
            X