• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bad experience with TEKSystems/Allegis?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad experience with TEKSystems/Allegis?

Has anyone else had a bad experience with TEKSystems/Allegis? I've found them incredibly slow and inefficient at onboarding, and completely disinterested in the cost this inflicts on the contractor waiting to start.

If anyone else has had problems and/or solutions, please let me know!

Originally posted by HappyMandarin View Post
    Has anyone else had a bad experience with TEKSystems/Allegis? I've found them incredibly slow and inefficient at onboarding, and completely disinterested in the cost this inflicts on the contractor waiting to start.

why would any agent give two flicks about your costs?
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

I've been with TEKsystems twice in recent years and they are no worse than any other agency. Most delays are caused by client requirements in my experience; banks being the worst.
      ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
      Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

I used TEKsystems in 2015. I thought their onboarding was superb. The client side(MS) was awful....

Comment

I went for an interview through them last year but they didn't bother to let me know I hadn't got the contract. I only discovered a week later after I twice chased them. The agent had gone on holiday that morning and although I was told that a colleague would phone me back to explain more, they never did.

So I wouldn't deal with them out of choice. But they're not the first agency to take the stance that once it's been confirmed you haven't got the job, then any time they spend on you after that (including having the courtesy to let you know) is a waste of their time.

Comment

Originally posted by HappyMandarin View Post

I avoided them like the plague. Their approach was worst than a second hand car salesman wanting their next sale. The push for 'who was your previous manager,' 'give me two referees up front so it will speed up the on boarding process' etc was vomit inducing.
            I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

I've used them before and never had an issue. In terms of on boarding much of that is dictated by the end client. Eg HSBC can take up to 4 weeks and RBS can be as little as 2 days!

As for not letting you know you'd not got a job. While it's the polite thing to do, a lot of agencies don't do it, simply because there is nothing in it for them. To flip it the other way, you'd not land a job and have an agent not bother telling you you'd got it for over 2 weeks.
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                I avoided them like the plague. Their approach was worst than a second hand car salesman wanting their next sale. The push for 'who was your previous manager,' 'give me two referees up front so it will speed up the on boarding process' etc was vomit inducing.
                +1, they have turned the "I need 2 references" lie into a work of art. They can stick their virtual bench, up their virtual (o)
                Last edited by jmo21; 23 July 2019, 20:25.

Comment

~8 years experience with them. In total 3 contracts with them. Probably similar to other larger agencies. Some agents cowboys, some good.
                  Overall below average, but good enough.

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                    My experience as well. He took me for a coffee to chat about contracts coming up but was quizzing me all the time about previous bosses I worked under.

I have a terrible memory and probably gave him a few wrong names

He then called a couple of weeks later to say the contract was close but two referees up front would speed things up. I declined saying I would give them as soon as he secured the contract.

That was a couple of months ago and, funnily enough, I haven't heard a peep since.

Comment

Working...
                    X