• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Minimum earnings for tax-free childcare

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minimum earnings for tax-free childcare

Is it National Living Wage (25 and over) £8.21 * ~200 hrs = ~ £1,642 pcm

OR

£1,707.68 / 3 = £570 pcm

For example, over the next 3 months you expect to earn at least £1,707.68 - the National Living Wage for people over 25.
    Tax-Free Childcare - GOV.UK

I assume the latter, but accountant is on annual leave, wanted to double check.

Also with TFC can you only pay monthly or a lump sum for annual childcare costs is possible (e.g. pay in £4000, get £1000, transfer £5000 to childcare provider) ?

Thanks

Originally posted by Lumiere View Post
    Is it National Living Wage (25 and over) £8.21 * ~200 hrs = ~ £1,642 pcm

OR

£1,707.68 / 3 = £570 pcm

For example, over the next 3 months you expect to earn at least £1,707.68 - the National Living Wage for people over 25.
    Tax-Free Childcare - GOV.UK

I assume the latter, but accountant is on annual leave, wanted to double check.

Also with TFC can you only pay monthly or a lump sum for annual childcare costs is possible (e.g. pay in £4000, get £1000, transfer £5000 to childcare provider) ?

Thanks
    It's £1,707.68 (£8.21 per hour at 16 hours per week for 13 weeks). You'll get up to £500 per quarter (up to £4k per year if the child is disabled) and the government will put in £2 for every £8 you put in. I'm not entirely sure if you can do a lump sum annually but hopefully someone will clarify from experience.

Comment

Working...
    X