• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract offer from Dubai Company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MEMEME69 View Post
    The Dubai LLC entity will be on the contract.
    Yes - I just need to come up with an expense clause - any templates/examples of an optimal on for an IT contractor working via a UK Ltd co.?
    Join IPSE and use their templates.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Yes sounds about right as the revenue will be received by a UK company making PAYE staff wage payments.
      I'm on the FRS and as the end client is outside the EU isn't it just a case of issuing invoices which are;

VAT exempt
      or
      Outside the scope of VAT
      This is tricky because you're providing a service in the UK. I would ask an Accountant.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Yes sounds about right as the revenue will be received by a UK company making PAYE staff wage payments.
        I'm on the FRS and as the end client is outside the EU isn't it just a case of issuing invoices which are;

VAT exempt
        or
        Outside the scope of VAT
        You don’t want to be on FRS unless you are a very special case.
        Talk to your accountant.
        In fact your accountant will help with the other part of the query.
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

The Dubai LLC entity will be on the contract.
          Yes - I just need to come up with an expense clause - any templates/examples of an optimal on for an IT contractor working via a UK Ltd co.?
          Is the contract under the jurisdiction of the Dubai courts?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            He will??
            Yikes ... should have read it properly

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
              Join IPSE and use their templates.
              Thx - I'll check it out

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
              This is tricky because you're providing a service in the UK. I would ask an Accountant.
              I guess that is true but to a non-UK/non-EU company.

What about if the time I spend working in their UK/EU offices are billed with VAT
              and
              Time spent working in non-UK/EU offices (if any) are billed outside the scope of VAT?

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              Is the contract under the jurisdiction of the Dubai courts?
              No idea
              Should it be?
              Should it not be?

I posted here hoping someone had a similar previous experience...

Comment

VAT is based on place of supply rules. The general rule for B2B supplies is that the place of supply is where the customer belongs. There are special rules too, and they can get complicated (but they rarely apply).

Bottom line, the services you deliver in the UK are probably outside of the scope of UK VAT, but you will need to check the nature of the services in relation to any special POS rules.

OOS supplies are not included in your FRS turnover.

More here:

Work out your place of supply of services for VAT rules - GOV.UK

Comment

Thx - I'll check it out

I guess that is true but to a non-UK/non-EU company.

What about if the time I spend working in their UK/EU offices are billed with VAT
                  and
                  Time spent working in non-UK/EU offices (if any) are billed outside the scope of VAT?

No idea
                  Should it be?
                  Should it not be?

I posted here hoping someone had a similar previous experience...
                  It would be good if you had an idea. Always worth knowing how you would enforce payment.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    It would be good if you had an idea. Always worth knowing how you would enforce payment.
                    Sharia law, perhaps??

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                      Sharia law, perhaps??
                      Hah.

Doesn't Dubai have a sepcial setup where they use Western laws of property? That way they can attract investment. Different to the wider laws in the rest of the country.

I'd still be very wary of any engagement like this as I don't trust what I don't understand.
                      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                      X