• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bridging software for MTD

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bridging software for MTD

I'm just got to the end of this quarter and realised I have to do my return in the next few days using some MTD Software.

I've been doing mine in a spreadsheet for years, and at the end of the year my accountant does my accounts. They don't do book-keeping and it's all a faff for me.

It also appears it's yet another damn expense. My accountant suggested Xero at £24 per month. which considering I pay them for payroll at £45pm and then accounts at the end of the year seems a piss take to me.

I don't have access to Freeagent free and frankly I'd rather just do this one in a spreadsheet and then use some bridging software as I'm off on vacation in 3 days.

Can anyone offer the best suggestion for bridging software?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Have you checked whether you HAVE to use MTD software? Not everyone has been migrated yet and so some can still file online like normal

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

Vitaltax. Free for the first year. Good support. Doddle to set up - just an add-on to excel then specify which cells have the correct outputs. The add-on has the same format as the old gateway form so easy to see what goes where. There are others (mentioned on other threads) but I'm pleased with Vitaltax and have no affiliation.

Comment

dunno about the 'best'. There are a lot.

This one looks simple (which is good) and it's free (which is good).

VAT Making Tax Digital Bridging Software for Free
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

and this one (no affiliation, free, worked perfectly for me, heard about it on Radio 4 MoneyBox a month or two ago when Open Answers person was interviewed about the whole farcical MTD VAT topic) from Open Answers - Portico:
          Portico - Open Answers.

Comment

A member of this forum has developed software for MTD: XLVAT | MTD VAT filer for Excel... and anything else that can export an Excel file

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              I'm just got to the end of this quarter and realised I have to do my return in the next few days using some MTD Software.

I've been doing mine in a spreadsheet for years, and at the end of the year my accountant does my accounts. They don't do book-keeping and it's all a faff for me.

It also appears it's yet another damn expense. My accountant suggested Xero at £24 per month. which considering I pay them for payroll at £45pm and then accounts at the end of the year seems a piss take to me.

I don't have access to Freeagent free and frankly I'd rather just do this one in a spreadsheet and then use some bridging software as I'm off on vacation in 3 days.

£45pm for payroll feels expensive. You should not pay more than £10 pm for 1 employee on the payroll, and additional employees are charged normally at the higher end at £5pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                Have you checked whether you HAVE to use MTD software? Not everyone has been migrated yet and so some can still file online like normal
                Thanks. I checked and I am still able to file my latest VAT online, so that must mean I can continue for now as it stands.

(kicks can down the road for another 3 months)

Comment

Working...
                X