• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor Notice Period/Holiday Pay

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contractor Notice Period/Holiday Pay

I am a day rate contractor on a month's notice. I am due to go on holiday in a couple of days and think my employer may cancel the contract beforehand. Would I be entitled to the full month's pay or will they deduct my holiday as I would not be entitled to holiday pay?

Originally posted by AECorbett View Post
    I am a day rate contractor on a month's notice. I am due to go on holiday in a couple of days and think my employer may cancel the contract beforehand. Would I be entitled to the full month's pay or will they deduct my holiday as I would not be entitled to holiday pay?

You get paid based on signed timesheets
    You don't get holiday pay from your end client, nor are you entitled to it.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I am a day rate contractor on a month's notice. I am due to go on holiday in a couple of days and think my employer .....
      Your what?? I thought you said you were a contractor. My bad.

may cancel the contract beforehand. Would I be entitled to the full month's pay or will they deduct my holiday as I would not be entitled to holiday pay?
      Well you said you were a contractor (despite what you put in your first line), which would indicate you have a contract. If you read that contract you will find your answer in there. You should already have done this before you started and understood it thoroughly. You work, you submit a timesheet you get paid. If you don't do the first, you don't get any of the rest. Period. It's not hard. You don't get holiday pay as a contractor either.

You really do need to understand what you are and what you do better. Even a basic understanding would have answered this for you. It's pretty fundamental to what you do.
      Last edited by northernladuk; 30 July 2019, 15:58.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

apart from the other points.... why do you think they'll cancel?
        Oh and it's terminate not cancel. They can't just cancel.
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Just to be clear, you won’t be paid for the time you don’t work even if they keep you on.
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Yes you are fully entitled to holiday pay from your current employer

You will get nothing from the end client mind you

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Working...
            X