• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CaterAllen Shambles

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just logged in, played around...

All fine. No issues.

Comment

TBF to the OP, they are probably rolling this out in stages based on sets of account numbers. Overall, the rollout timetable, at least, has been shambolic.

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
        Pssst... the name field in internet banking payments has no function other than the aesthetic. So you can write whatever you want, including 'and'/+
        Nope. Lots of banking systems make the field mandatory and it actually appears as the payees name on a statement.

As an example, try entering a joint account name as the recipient fora Paypal transaction. Unless they have fixed it, you cannot use ampersand.

it'll also have to be fixed when further layers of banking security come in needing you to also complete the recipient's joint account name.

I could go on but really, I cant be arsed.
        I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

my account looks the same, i logged in and made a transfer on saturday too, maybe it's a phased rollout

Comment

Are they still not supporting Faster Payments?
            ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
              Are they still not supporting Faster Payments?
              One of the planned changes. We'll see.

Comment

Why on earth does anyone stick with dinosaur banks like this, when there are so many modern alternatives which are better (and free)?

Switch to Starling.

Comment

Metro Bank - free and a good app
                  Formerly Sausage Surprise but forgot password on account that had email address from old gig

Comment

Originally posted by Wobblyheed View Post
                    Metro Bank - free and a good app
                    +1

Comment

Originally posted by SuperLooper View Post
                      Why on earth does anyone stick with dinosaur banks like this, when there are so many modern alternatives which are better (and free)?

Switch to Starling.
                      I have a bunch of accounts, including some with the modern alternatives. On the whole, CA is way ahead when you need to call someone (UK-based, competent), but that only means something if you need to talk with a person more than infrequently. If you have simple accounts, you probably don't, and CA makes little sense, other than inertia. Remember that many people will have CA accounts due to some legacy issue like their previous accountants having a sign-on deal or because CUK had a deal at some point or whatever, and changing banks is a PITA.

Comment

Working...
                      X