• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CaterAllen Shambles

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    changing banks is a PITA.
    I've been very pleasantly surprised with how easy and smooth changing banks actually is. I'm in the middle of moving my business account to Starling using the switching service, and all it took was a few clicks in their very slick mobile app. Totally painless.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperLooper View Post
      I've been very pleasantly surprised with how easy and smooth changing banks actually is. I'm in the middle of moving my business account to Starling using the switching service, and all it took was a few clicks in their very slick mobile app. Totally painless.
      It all depends. For example, it depends how many linked savings accounts you have that need to be updated (the switching service may handle SOs and DDs, but it cannot contact those linked banks and have them update, right?). If your banking is simple, then I agree that something like Metro or Starling is a no-brainer.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
        One of the planned changes. We'll see.
        Good grief, must be one of about two banks in the UK (hello Aldermore!)
        ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

What business bank do people recommend with instant payments and doesn't charge a fee with a good phone app?

Comment

Originally posted by headsy View Post
            What business bank do people recommend with instant payments and doesn't charge a fee with a good phone app?
            Starling

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
              Are they still not supporting Faster Payments?
              Not as easy as you would think (without spending many millions like the founders)

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by headsy View Post
                Metro Bank
                Formerly Sausage Surprise but forgot password on account that had email address from old gig

Comment

TSB or Yokshire/Clydesdale are currently doing a free offer for switchers

Avoid Starling; can't be used on a jailbreak phone
                  ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

if i needed to do cash deposits and withdrawals 3-4 times per week, a traditional high street bank would be the best option wouldn't it?

(i'm comparing to the likes of Starling / CA / Metro etc who don't have the same outlet presence)

Comment

Originally posted by filthy1980 View Post
                      if i needed to do cash deposits and withdrawals 3-4 times per week, a traditional high street bank would be the best option wouldn't it?

(i'm comparing to the likes of Starling / CA / Metro etc who don't have the same outlet presence)
                      Well cash withdrawals can be done anywhere; a lot of those places will let you pay in via a post office.

Metro have lots of presence - including being open evenings and weekends.
                      ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Working...
                      X