• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CaterAllen Shambles

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
    Metro have lots of presence
    Only in the south-east of England. Nothing at all north of Nottingham.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperLooper View Post
      I've been very pleasantly surprised with how easy and smooth changing banks actually is. I'm in the middle of moving my business account to Starling using the switching service, and all it took was a few clicks in their very slick mobile app. Totally painless.
      Updating payment details with all your clients? (what happens if they try to pay your old account? does it bounce back to them or get forwarded on?). Can imagine most accounts payable departments will miss bank detail changes unless you really walk them through it

Updating recurring card payments? (office 365 etc?) - I guess you can wait until they bounce but still a hassle

Plus like jamesbrown said, updating linked account for other accounts/savings etc?

"totally painless" must be a slight exaggeration!?

Comment

Originally posted by pr1 View Post
        Updating payment details with all your clients? (what happens if they try to pay your old account? does it bounce back to them or get forwarded on?). Can imagine most accounts payable departments will miss bank detail changes unless you really walk them through it

Updating recurring card payments? (office 365 etc?) - I guess you can wait until they bounce but still a hassle

Plus like jamesbrown said, updating linked account for other accounts/savings etc?

"totally painless" must be a slight exaggeration!?
        My clients pay USD into my Transferwise account. So I need to update the bank details when withdrawing from Transferwise into my UK account, but otherwise nothing changes.

In any event the switching process guarantees that any payments into the old account are redirected to the new account for 3 years, according to Starling's documents.

You are right that I will need to update debit card details with some recurring payments, but I can count those one one hand. So still pretty painless.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperLooper View Post
          In any event the switching process guarantees that any payments into the old account are redirected to the new account for 3 years, according to Starling's documents.
          That's good to know, and one of the main things that's been putting me off switching (chasing BigCo for ££ that's gone 'missing')

Comment

Working...
          X