• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CaterAllen Shambles

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CaterAllen Shambles

My business has banked with Cater Allen for over 20 years and up until this month I had received good service - all this however has evaporated with the introduction of their new online banking system.
    I was notified that they would be offline for the weekend to implement their new system. When it all came back on the Monday I had to re-register to get a new sign-on account. This in itself proved a challenge as it continually locked me out and I had to make several calls to their call centre to resolve - this in itself was challenging because it took around 40 minutes to get through - no doubt caused by other users having the same problem!
    When I finally did login, I discovered that
    - I could no longer see statements for previous months
    - I could not make payments to myself because my payee had an "&" character in it.
    - not change/delete payees
    - Balances were incorrect - showing negative amounts
    - I could not see transactions - or at least not more than 4

I have been a frequent caller to their call centre this week but they don't appear to be in any hurry to resolve my issues.
    They say its affecting a handful of customers - so it would be interesting to know about other people's experiences.

Originally posted by sibur View Post
    My business has banked with Cater Allen for over 20 years and up until this month I had received good service - all this however has evaporated with the introduction of their new online banking system.
    I was notified that they would be offline for the weekend to implement their new system. When it all came back on the Monday I had to re-register to get a new sign-on account. This in itself proved a challenge as it continually locked me out and I had to make several calls to their call centre to resolve - this in itself was challenging because it took around 40 minutes to get through - no doubt caused by other users having the same problem!
    - I could not make payments to myself because my payee had an "&" character in it.

I have been a frequent caller to their call centre this week but they don't appear to be in any hurry to resolve my issues.
    They say its affecting a handful of customers - so it would be interesting to know about other people's experiences.
    Cough, Santander, cough.

Never ceases to amaze me the number of banking systems that do not allow an ampersand. It's like they dont think an account with joint names exist.
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Have also had an account with them for 20 odd years, but don't use it often now.

Just logged on and the system looks to me to be 'as was' with no issues logging in or seeing anything.
      When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by sibur View Post

all looks fine to me. Sounds like an isolated problem.
        Don't worry about payee name. It's not needed for a transfer, just sort code and acount number.
        Give them time to fix it. And then move if you feel you must.... For me, I prefer free banking and will cope with a few hiccups.
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

oh.... and why create an account on here with the sole purpose to abuse a supplier.
          Too much time on your hands or just a sockie???

See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
            Cough, Santander, cough.

Never ceases to amaze me the number of banking systems that do not allow an ampersand. It's like they dont think an account with joint names exist.
            Pssst... the name field in internet banking payments has no function other than the aesthetic. So you can write whatever you want, including 'and'/+
            ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

CaterAllen Shambles

Sounds like user issues to me

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                all looks fine to me. Sounds like an isolated problem.
                Don't worry about payee name. It's not needed for a transfer.
                From March (or sooner) it will have to exactly match the account you are transferring to, or will be rejected

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                  Have also had an account with them for 20 odd years, but don't use it often now.

Just logged on and the system looks to me to be 'as was' with no issues logging in or seeing anything.
                  Apparently, I have been told, this is a phased release so watch out - you may be fine now!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                    Cough, Santander, cough.

& char is least of problems its just one of the issues but an example of how badly engineered this new version is. The UI is far worse that the old system - difficult to navigate, and annoying OTP required at every turn - how they could release it in its present state is beyond me.

Comment

Working...
                    X