• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IPSE referral

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IPSE referral

I am about to sign up for IPSE+, anyone want to send me a referral link? I'll sign up on the first one to post here. If it needs an email address to send the referral the first person to request that I'll message.

Bonus info:
    Twitter / ?

Thanks

Originally posted by Ploptimus View Post
    I am about to sign up for IPSE+, anyone want to send me a referral link? I'll sign up on the first one to post here. If it needs an email address to send the referral the first person to request that I'll message.

Bonus info:
    Twitter / ?

Thanks
    Join IPSE | IPSE - think you get £50 off

Comment

If you want it...

Join IPSE | IPSE

Not sure I would recommend them anymore though

Comment

Seems like existing members are paying for newbies yet again

Like James I can no longer recommend ipse

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
          Seems like existing members are paying for newbies yet again

Like James I can no longer recommend ipse

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
          For good reasons or because you dont like being lumped in with the other 4 million people who work for themselves?
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
            For good reasons or because you dont like being lumped in with the other 4 million people who work for themselves?
            Can’t speak for Tarbie but, for the OP, you should dispassionately calculate the membership benefits to you and compare to the membership fee. If that doesn’t come out as being way more money in benefits than costs, I wouldn’t bother. As a representational body for contractors, they’re completely pants, so don’t get hoodwinked on the intangibles like lobbying and representation, which are basically costs

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              Join IPSE | IPSE - think you get £50 off
              Thanks, used your link so you should get the bonus.

To the other comments, I'll give it a go for a year and review, theres other benefits which should just about cover the cost for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Ploptimus View Post
                Thanks, used your link so you should get the bonus.

To the other comments, I'll give it a go for a year and review, theres other benefits which should just about cover the cost for me.
                I'd much prefer that current board or members' forum members made the case, as they have bought in to the new vision. However, in their absence, I do still think IPSE is worth joining. The governance nonsense last year caused a lot of bad feeling with some of the most dedicated and committed members, and I think that's a real loss, but, what IPSE are doing on a day to day basis hasn't changed. They are still in very practical terms supporting members who are fighting IR35 as well as making the case to government, which is less visible. The work on IR35 that Andy Chamberlain does, and his commitment to getting the best for the members hasn't changed.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  I'd much prefer that current board or members' forum members made the case, as they have bought in to the new vision. However, in their absence, I do still think IPSE is worth joining. The governance nonsense last year caused a lot of bad feeling with some of the most dedicated and committed members, and I think that's a real loss, but, what IPSE are doing on a day to day basis hasn't changed. They are still in very practical terms supporting members who are fighting IR35 as well as making the case to government, which is less visible. The work on IR35 that Andy Chamberlain does, and his commitment to getting the best for the members hasn't changed.
                  What ms said...

I totally agree. It's very hard to demonstrate a negative, but stopping bad things happening is most of what IPSE gets up to when dealing with HMG. And let's face it, nobody else is even trying.

Also worth remembering that all three major threats to us - IR35 itself, the 2020 changes and the Loan Charge debacle - are all down to the idiot Hammond who even May has recognised as being a total failure. And he wasn't listening to anyone.
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

I have much time for Mr Chamberlain (not that one...) but yes it's true there's a lot of bad feeling about how certain changes were dealt with. Lots of us work in business change one way or another and it was a text book case of how not to do it.

The baggage should not factor in what a new member, unaware of the history, looks at in order to decide if membership is worth it.

Comment

Working...
                    X