• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can somebody recommend a good accountant?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can somebody recommend a good accountant?

I am an IT contractor. Need somebody to double check what my current accountant has cooked up in the past year and take me on going forward. Happy to pay upto £150/month.

PS. DNS accountants - stay away from these guys.

If only we had a huge thread that was sticked at the top of a useful part of the forum like the Accounting Section.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cannon999 View Post
      I am an IT contractor. Need somebody to double check what my current accountant has cooked up in the past year and take me on going forward. Happy to pay upto £150/month.

PS. DNS accountants - stay away from these guys.
      Maslins. HTH

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        If only we had a huge thread that was sticked at the top of a useful part of the forum like the Accounting Section.
        There are other accountants who aren't displayed on the list that have a reasonable history with readers of this forum...

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiler View Post
          Maslins. HTH
          Have you used them before?

Comment

Originally posted by cannon999 View Post
            Have you used them before?
            Not yet. I did recommend them to a friend who is using them, and they're happy with the service.
            I'll likely swap to them when my current local accountant raises their price next year

Comment

Not yet. I did recommend them to a friend who is using them, and they're happy with the service.
              I'll likely swap to them when my current local accountant raises their price next year
              So you’ve recommended them twice now based on what exactly?

I’m sure they’re probably just fine but I wouldn’t be doing any favours recommending them without any direct experience.

But thanks for the input...
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                So you’ve recommended them twice now based on what exactly?

I’m sure they’re probably just fine but I wouldn’t be doing any favours recommending them without any direct experience.

But thanks for the input...
                Here's how it played out ...

A friend wanted recommendations for an accountant
                I gave them a list of 5 and suggested speaking to each one
                They decided to go with Maslins
                Roll forward a while, they are happy with the service
                If I happen to be looking for a new accountant, Maslins would be on my list based on feedback from a few sources

And, as the OP wanted a recommendation, and didn't appear to want to read a dedicated sticky about accountant recommendation, I gave them one. HTH

Comment

Here's how it played out ...

A friend wanted recommendations for an accountant
                  I gave them a list of 5 and suggested speaking to each one
                  They decided to go with Maslins
                  Roll forward a while, they are happy with the service
                  If I happen to be looking for a new accountant, Maslins would be on my list based on feedback from a few sources

And, as the OP wanted a recommendation, and didn't appear to want to read a dedicated sticky about accountant recommendation, I gave them one. HTH
                  fnarr fnarr
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    fnarr fnarr
                    ... along with a recommendation

Comment

Working...
                    X