• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Making sense of State Pension statement

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making sense of State Pension statement

I checked on-line.

I've got 26 qualifying years.
    It says my current pension estimate is £124.10 per week
    It also says I need to contribute another 10 years to get the maximum £168.60 per week

There is also a COPE estimate of £36.94 per week

Questions:

1) Any idea how they've arrived at £124.10? (26/35*168.60 = £125.25 )
    2) Why do I need to contribute another 10 years and not 9 (26+9 = 35)
    3) Do I need to subtract the COPE £36.94 from £124.10 to calculate what I'll get off the state? ie. £87.16 per week

Many thanks in advance.

This help?

https://assets.publishing.service.go...040-may-14.pdf
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Thanks, yes it does, even though it's an old document which predates the new SP.

I suspect the £124.10, in my case, has been worked out under the old SP. (The pension you receive is the higher of the old and new systems.)

It's hideously complicated though.

Comment

Originally posted by stonehenge View Post
        Thanks, yes it does, even though it's an old document which predates the new SP.

I suspect the £124.10, in my case, has been worked out under the old SP. (The pension you receive is the higher of the old and new systems.)

It's hideously complicated though.
        Isnt it just!

Dont fall for the tax free line either. When you stsrt your state pension, they reduce your personal allowance by the same amount...
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

40. And I am only 56...

Comment

I checked on-line.

It says my current pension estimate is £124.10 per week
            It also says I need to contribute another 10 years to get the maximum £168.60 per week

There is also a COPE estimate of £36.94 per week

Questions:

1) Any idea how they've arrived at £124.10? (26/35*168.60 = £125.25 )
            2) Why do I need to contribute another 10 years and not 9 (26+9 = 35)
            3) Do I need to subtract the COPE £36.94 from £124.10 to calculate what I'll get off the state? ie. £87.16 per week

Many thanks in advance.
            If you have a COPE, you have been contracted out for some period. You will not get the maximum State Pension, currently £168+ unless you manage to get 35 years non contracted out qualifying years in before you claim the State Pension.
            I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

On the bright side you may be deed by than and no issue

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Working...
              X