• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Need help with HMRC repayment of income tax cheque!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with HMRC repayment of income tax cheque!!

Hello everybody!
    I was living in the UK for 4 years and last year i moved bk to slovakia. Last year 06.12.2018 i got a cheque about a repayment of income tax, and also this year 06.08.2019 i got another one. In slovakia my bank can't pay that cheque, and the another bank asking 10% and i need to open an account with them what is 7 euro monthly and the waiting for payment is minimum 6 weeks so i doubt that. So is any chance the uk banks will accept my friend to reclaim the money if ill write a document says i nominated him to receive this payment in my behalf?
    Or i just contact HMRC i can't use the cheques in my country and they'll pay me to my bank account??

Just contact HMRC and ask them to pay into your bank account.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Cheques lol what year is it

It's like when I was in Japan and had to make a student loan payment and they would only accept a cheque, something Japan doesn't have.

In the end had to get a mate to send them a cheque from their own account and transfer them the £15 they had decided was my payment for that year. Presumably they couldn't make head nor tails of the payslip I sent them that was all in Japanese and Yen.

Comment

I 'think' they send a cheque when they don't have your bank details. IIRC the SATR form has a section for your bank details in case a refund is due. If you don't fill it in, you'll get a cheque. Maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          I 'think' they send a cheque when they don't have your bank details. IIRC the SATR form has a section for your bank details in case a refund is due. If you don't fill it in, you'll get a cheque. Maybe.
          That's right.

You should be able to call HMRC on 0300 200 3310, cancel the cheque and give them your bank details to obtain a BACS refund.
          www.inniaccounts.co.uk

Comment

Working...
          X