• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Employers NI and Pensions Contributions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Employers NI and Pensions Contributions

I've been in a contract deemed to be inside IR35 for some time, and during this time had to pay both my NI & Pension contributions and also the Employers NI and Pension contributions. Also receive no paid leave etc.

If I'm deemed to be in disguised employment, then it does seem wrong that this is the case.

Has anyone ever challenged this in court yet?

Big difference between tax and employment legislation and its been discussed in great detail in the last few weeks so hunt around a few of the most recent threads.

And tested in court?

'Inside-IR35' contractor forces HMRC into GBP4,000 holiday payout

If you are using a brolly they should be putting some money aside for holidays but still out of your rate.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Imagine your client is going to pay your daily rate to you for 20 days p.a. you don't work. They would have negotiated a daily rate approx. 10% less than the one you have in reality negotiated. Makes no difference a when it comes to holiday.

Comment

Working...
      X