• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 letters going out to GlaxoSmithKline contractors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DZ2 View Post
    Perhaps they get renewed endlessly, or maybe LinkedIn is not always accurate display of reality (mine certainly isn't)?

Either way I'm just happy that QDOS accepted my claim and working on my case. I'll keep you guys updated on how it goes.
    Yes, please do. It will be interesting.

I'm hearing October could be when GSK decide on their actions for Apr2020 onwards.

Comment

NI contribution by GSK

possibly not relevant or previously discussed and I missed the earlier posts on this -

Has GSK been paying their employer contribution for NI in proportion to contractor rates paid out - implying they always deemed the contractors as extended employees. if not then surely this is an indication they will have a huge backed-dated bill for Employer NI ?
      Or oif never paid then they did not enter into contracts with intention of considering contractors as employees.

Interested in the community-view

Comment

Originally posted by DougM View Post
        possibly not relevant or previously discussed and I missed the earlier posts on this -

Has GSK been paying their employer contribution for NI in proportion to contractor rates paid out - implying they always deemed the contractors as extended employees. if not then surely this is an indication they will have a huge backed-dated bill for Employer NI ?
        Or oif never paid then they did not enter into contracts with intention of considering contractors as employees.

No GSK paid no ones employer NI

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

I've no idea what this post is about. Am I completely misunderstanding or have you got something fundamentally wrong about Ir35?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

The community view is that, before April 2020, the contractor's company is responsible for paying the correct tax, including ErNI. If they pay the incorrect amount of tax, then the contractor's company is liable for that failure (notwithstanding a small risk that the liability could be transferred to the individual in exceptional circumstances).

So the question doesn't arise, pre-April 2020, because the responsibility and the liability both lie with the PSC, never the client. The responsibility only lies with the client if the worker is an actual employee, not a deemed employee.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              I've no idea what this post is about. Am I completely misunderstanding or have you got something fundamentally wrong about Ir35?
              The latter.

Comment

We can’t move forward as an industry until contractor swamps like GSK are sorted out.

Comment

Another agent corker this morning

"Is this role outside of IR35?" (I sometimes ask just to check their knowledge)

"Oh yes, don't worry - it's private sector!"
                  ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

I'm in a contract till the end of the year, with discussions to extend to Feb, but still get fairly regular messages from agencies on LinkedIn asking if i'm open to new roles.

If it crosses over Feb next year, I ask what the IR35 position is, but I rarely get a response (one came back saying it was a FTC). I suspect they're just concentrating on those that want to be put forward without asking what they probably see as awkward questions
                    Last edited by Paralytic; 16 September 2019, 11:29.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
                      I'm in a contract till the end of the year, with discussions to extend to Feb, but still get fairly regular messages from agencies on LinkedIn asking if i'm open to new roles.

If it crosses over Feb next year, I ask what the IR35 position is, but I rarely get a response (one came back saying it was a FTC). I suspect they're just concentrating on those that want to be put forward without asking what they probably see as awkward questions
                      I'd imagine they may serve notice on any difficult ones
                      ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Working...
                      X