• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MTD Making Tax Digital VAT

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MTD Making Tax Digital VAT

Hi there

I need to register for VAT online. Had a look but coudln't find other posts, but this nice article

What Making Tax Digital means for contractors: now, and the next phase

Anyway, I'm sharing the one I thought of choosing, £19.50 per year +VAT

123 Sheets | Making Tax Digital | Bridging Software for Excel | Sage | Quickbooks | VAT MTD Excel Software

This one is similar

123 Sheets | Making Tax Digital | Bridging Software for Excel | Sage | Quickbooks | VAT MTD Excel Software

HMRC have a full list available

Find software for Making Tax Digital for VAT - Find software for Making Tax Digital - GOV.UK

Was just wondering what others decided to do? My accountant doesn't offer this VAT MTD service.

Rich
    Last edited by richy; 27 August 2019, 10:47. Reason: vat,MTD

Originally posted by richy View Post
    Was just wondering what others decided to do? My accountant doesn't offer this VAT MTD service.
    Could you not argue your accountant is no longer fit for purpose then and it's time to find a new one? It could be a really good move for you if you move to a Freeagent one as well. Might be a lower prices, better service, award winning portal plus MTD VAT. Ticks all boxes rather than staying with someone that isn't offering the full service you need?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I would strongly recommend finding an accountant that offers this service for you.

Does your accountant offer an all inclusive service for all other requirements too?

Comment

Rich
        There are other cheaper/free bridging "software" providers mentioned here.

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...mtd-vat-4.html

Comment

My accountant doesn't offer this VAT MTD service.
          Sack 'em....

Unless they are <£50 per month and provide a good service otherwise. In that case talk to them, and then sack 'em.
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Local traditional accountant? If they don't offer the basic service have a word.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Could you not argue your accountant is no longer fit for purpose then and it's time to find a new one? It could be a really good move for you if you move to a Freeagent one as well. Might be a lower prices, better service, award winning portal plus MTD VAT. Ticks all boxes rather than staying with someone that isn't offering the full service you need?
              Many thanks for your reply.

My accountant referred me to their sister company that handles VAT, so while they don't have capacity to do, they did offer something. But you're right, I'd have preferred it was all done in one place.

Comment

Originally posted by sludgesurfer View Post
                There are other cheaper/free bridging "software" providers mentioned here.

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...mtd-vat-4.html

Many thanks for your reply. I had a look through that thread. There was this one, GitHub - kavina-systems/MTD: HMRC MTD VAT bridging / soft landing software but I couldn't get it to work when I tried. Looks like I may try 123 Sheets for the moment...

Comment

Many thanks for your reply. I had a look through that thread. There was this one, GitHub - kavina-systems/MTD: HMRC MTD VAT bridging / soft landing software but I couldn't get it to work when I tried. Looks like I may try 123 Sheets for the moment...
                  I used VitalTax and it worked fine. Its just an excel add-on - nowt fancy.

Comment

You may wish to look at this software (it has been developed by a forum member) and it works well, we have tried the software: XLVAT | MTD VAT filer for Excel... and anything else that can export an Excel file

Comment

Working...
                    X