• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract review costs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maslins View Post
    From what I can see QDOS charge £49 for a "contract assessment", or £125 for a "full contract review". May be extra if you want very swift turnaround.
    Yes that what I was seeing, but others above in thread seemed to disagree with that.
    Yes, I'd want it done sharpish, so cost would increase accordingly; not looking for a full review just the assessment, which I think will be sufficient.
    Clarity is everything

Comment

Originally posted by SteelyDan View Post
      Yes that what I was seeing, but others above in thread seemed to disagree with that.
      Yes, I'd want it done sharpish, so cost would increase accordingly; not looking for a full review just the assessment, which I think will be sufficient.
      Bad thinking, imho. Compare a couple of hundred quid against the earned value of the average gig - somewhere around £25k - and it is hardly significant. And there is a lot more to a contract than IR35: how many posts do we see about delayed or missing payments, conditions that people hadn't realised they were bound by, abrupt terminations and the like? Far more than we ever do about IR35 (most of which are based on incomplete understanding anyway).

You want to be a contractor, behave like a business. Price and cost are two different things.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
        Bad thinking, imho. Compare a couple of hundred quid against the earned value of the average gig - somewhere around £25k - and it is hardly significant. And there is a lot more to a contract than IR35: how many posts do we see about delayed or missing payments, conditions that people hadn't realised they were bound by, abrupt terminations and the like? Far more than we ever do about IR35 (most of which are based on incomplete understanding anyway).

You want to be a contractor, behave like a business. Price and cost are two different things.
        You are correct, of course.
        Clarity is everything

Comment

Originally posted by SteelyDan View Post
          You are correct, of course.
          You think a 24 hour contract review is expensive. Wait till you see how much he's going to charge you for that advice.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            You think a 24 hour contract review is expensive. Wait till you see how much he's going to charge you for that advice.
            But worth every penny of course...
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
            X