• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract with UK Co, working Worldwide, invoicing a Dutch Co. Tax implications?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contract with UK Co, working Worldwide, invoicing a Dutch Co. Tax implications?

Hello there

I have been offered a contract with a UK company which will mean travelling all over the globe. They want me to invoice a Dutch company which is a member of their Group. As I will essentially be getting paid by a Dutch firm (although will never actually visit the country), are there Dutch tax implications? Or, as my contract is with a UK company, do I not need to worry about it?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Your Ltd Co will pay UK corporate taxes. You will pay UK personal taxes since from what you say, on the face of it you have zero chance of not being UK tax resident. You may well be tax resident in other jurisdictions too. Until quite recently I was tax resident in the UK and two other jurisdictions all at the same time.
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
      Your Ltd Co will pay UK corporate taxes. You will pay UK personal taxes since from what you say, on the face of it you have zero chance of not being UK tax resident. You may well be tax resident in other jurisdictions too. Until quite recently I was tax resident in the UK and two other jurisdictions all at the same time.
      Were they all on this planet?

(Hey, i just said it before someone else did)

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
        Were they all on this planet?

(Hey, i just said it before someone else did)

Thank you for asking. For the avoidance of doubt, I am happy to confirm that indeed my multiple tax residencies are all for jurisdictions on planet earth. Presently, I have just two concurrent tax residencies. UK and elsewhere on earth. HTH BIDI.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
          Thank you for asking. For the avoidance of doubt, I am happy to confirm that indeed my multiple tax residencies are all for jurisdictions on planet earth. Presently, I have just two concurrent tax residencies. UK and elsewhere on earth. HTH BIDI.
          You are normally resident in only one country, but as a non-resident working in other countries you are still liable for tax. So for example if you work for 3 months in Germany you wouldn't be resident, but you would be liable for tax.

The point being you don't have to be resident to be liable for tax.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            You are normally resident in only one country, but as a non-resident working in other countries you are still liable for tax. So for example if you work for 3 months in Germany you wouldn't be resident, but you would be liable for tax.

The point being you don't have to be resident to be liable for tax.
            Correct. Maybe the word resident isn't correct on its own without context. But I think the term "tax resident" implies tax liability without personal residency? Thanks. Presently, I have 2x tax residencies and one personal residency.

Comment

Working...
            X