Who's good for easy business banking these days? Who's good for easy business banking these days?
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 56

My post count is Majestic

Default Who's good for easy business banking these days?

The wife is setting up a business (not contracting) and I recall when I set up my Ltd getting a business banking account was a bit of a faff compared to opening a personal account - but that was quite some time ago.
    I have accounts with HSBC (£5.50pcm) and Santander (free) which are both fine. A bank who has first-class FreeAgent integration and ability to allow the accountant 'guest access' etc would be great for us - any particular standouts right now?

The business will be selling services rather than physical products and I think payments will be be supported by bank payments, cards and maybe PayPal only - no cash, no cheques, no BitCoin!

I wondered if anyone here has looked into these more modern things like Tide?
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    Urine is quite nourishing

Tide and Starling seem to be the new players people are discussing. I'm with Santander and they've not missed a beat in 10 or so years but I'm sure are pretty old school compared to the new offerings. Does what I need so am happy.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Fingers like lightning

Tide is great, using them for a while

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    Tide and Starling seem to be the new players people are discussing. I'm with Santander and they've not missed a beat in 10 or so years but I'm sure are pretty old school compared to the new offerings. Does what I need so am happy.
    OK ok.. As happy as it is possibly for me to be happy. Less grumpy than normal then. That better?

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Super poster

Aside from a few niggles with FreeAgent integration (now sorted), Starling works well for me and is largely free (for now).

More time posting than coding

Tide is really very straightforward, but you get Freeagent bundled with RBS business accounts. The account opening process is archaic, but they do get there eventually.
    ---

Former member of IPSE.

Still gathering requirements...

I've got a santander account as my main account and I wouldn't change it for all the tea in China.

I do use a tide account for purchases online and sundry expense type purchases so that they are kept separate and the Santander account is not therefore in the "public domain" for phishing/cloning etc (me being cautious)

Tide is great, easy to use, but it has a limit of £100k in it and certain payment systems don't recognise it (due to how they process their transactions) - a couple are - transfers to Aldermore Savings account and the National Rail pick up machines

For this reason I am not ready to go all out on TIDE

Quote Originally Posted by oilboil View Post
    I've got a santander account as my main account and I wouldn't change it for all the tea in China.

I do use a tide account for purchases online and sundry expense type purchases so that they are kept separate and the Santander account is not therefore in the "public domain" for phishing/cloning etc (me being cautious)

Tide is great, easy to use, but it has a limit of £100k in it and certain payment systems don't recognise it (due to how they process their transactions) - a couple are - transfers to Aldermore Savings account and the National Rail pick up machines

For this reason I am not ready to go all out on TIDE
    As in you use tide for public facing "checking" and Santander for "savings" to use the American terminology?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    Urine is quite nourishing

Should post faster

I was with Santander about 10 years ago.

My only gripe was their lax security. I was asked to provide x and y letters of my security password and I must have been out by one letter and she replied, "no, that's the 6th letter, I wanted the 5th letter".

I said can you see my full password and she replied yes.

I would check if you ever have to call up next time.

Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post

Super poster

Quote Originally Posted by d000hg View Post
    As in you use tide for public facing "checking" and Santander for "savings" to use the American terminology?
    Or "current" and "savings" to use UK terminology