• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who's good for easy business banking these days?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who's good for easy business banking these days?

The wife is setting up a business (not contracting) and I recall when I set up my Ltd getting a business banking account was a bit of a faff compared to opening a personal account - but that was quite some time ago.
    I have accounts with HSBC (£5.50pcm) and Santander (free) which are both fine. A bank who has first-class FreeAgent integration and ability to allow the accountant 'guest access' etc would be great for us - any particular standouts right now?

The business will be selling services rather than physical products and I think payments will be be supported by bank payments, cards and maybe PayPal only - no cash, no cheques, no BitCoin!

I wondered if anyone here has looked into these more modern things like Tide?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Tide and Starling seem to be the new players people are discussing. I'm with Santander and they've not missed a beat in 10 or so years but I'm sure are pretty old school compared to the new offerings. Does what I need so am happy.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Tide is great, using them for a while

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Tide and Starling seem to be the new players people are discussing. I'm with Santander and they've not missed a beat in 10 or so years but I'm sure are pretty old school compared to the new offerings. Does what I need so am happy.
        OK ok.. As happy as it is possibly for me to be happy. Less grumpy than normal then. That better?

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Aside from a few niggles with FreeAgent integration (now sorted), Starling works well for me and is largely free (for now).

Comment

Tide is really very straightforward, but you get Freeagent bundled with RBS business accounts. The account opening process is archaic, but they do get there eventually.
            ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
            Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

I've got a santander account as my main account and I wouldn't change it for all the tea in China.

I do use a tide account for purchases online and sundry expense type purchases so that they are kept separate and the Santander account is not therefore in the "public domain" for phishing/cloning etc (me being cautious)

Tide is great, easy to use, but it has a limit of £100k in it and certain payment systems don't recognise it (due to how they process their transactions) - a couple are - transfers to Aldermore Savings account and the National Rail pick up machines

For this reason I am not ready to go all out on TIDE

Comment

Originally posted by oilboil View Post
                I've got a santander account as my main account and I wouldn't change it for all the tea in China.

I do use a tide account for purchases online and sundry expense type purchases so that they are kept separate and the Santander account is not therefore in the "public domain" for phishing/cloning etc (me being cautious)

Tide is great, easy to use, but it has a limit of £100k in it and certain payment systems don't recognise it (due to how they process their transactions) - a couple are - transfers to Aldermore Savings account and the National Rail pick up machines

For this reason I am not ready to go all out on TIDE
                As in you use tide for public facing "checking" and Santander for "savings" to use the American terminology?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I was with Santander about 10 years ago.

My only gripe was their lax security. I was asked to provide x and y letters of my security password and I must have been out by one letter and she replied, "no, that's the 6th letter, I wanted the 5th letter".

I said can you see my full password and she replied yes.

I would check if you ever have to call up next time.

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    As in you use tide for public facing "checking" and Santander for "savings" to use the American terminology?
                    Or "current" and "savings" to use UK terminology

Comment

Working...
                    X