• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Liability Clause Opinions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liability Clause Opinions

Please could I ask the panel's advise on the following clause where my company needs to indemnify the agency against:

"Any claim or demand, howsoever arising, against Employment Business or Client for income tax and/or employee's and/or employer's National insurance contributions relating to any Representative including claims arising out of Off-Payroll;"

This is a public sector outside of IR35 contract. Does this mean if the outside IR35 assessment was incorrect I'm liable for the taxes even though I wasn't the one doing the assessment?

Thanks

Originally posted by supersteamer View Post
    Please could I ask the panel's advise on the following clause where my company needs to indemnify the agency against:

"Any claim or demand, howsoever arising, against Employment Business or Client for income tax and/or employee's and/or employer's National insurance contributions relating to any Representative including claims arising out of Off-Payroll;"

This is a public sector outside of IR35 contract. Does this mean if the outside IR35 assessment was incorrect I'm liable for the taxes even though I wasn't the one doing the assessment?

Thanks
    Yep, if it stand up in court is another matter. Tell them to take the clause out as it's not you problem any more. I can understand it being their prior to the IR35 changes but not now.
    Last edited by BlueSharp; 10 September 2019, 12:29.
    Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Ok, thanks - thought so.

Any suggestions on a compromise wording? I'm quite happy to indemnify them against any come-back from me messing up my own PAYE, but not in accepting the fee payers IR35 liability.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X