• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can you invoice a UK VAT registered company in euro?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you invoice a UK VAT registered company in euro?

Got a gig that pays in EUR in the UK. Myself and the Agent are UK VAT registered companies. I am confused as to how VAT works in this scenario.

Do I add 20% in eur to the invoice and pay the equivalent GBP to HMRC? or Do I convert day rate into GBP and charge 20% on it (there by having 2 currencies in a single invoice - one for day rate EUR and one for VAT in GBP)

Anyone faced a similar scenario? Would appreciate your input.

10 seconds on google and..

Transactions in foreign currencies and VAT - GOV.UK

10 seconds searching the forums using the google search method and..
    https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ice-euros.html

Type the following in to google to search the forums. Loads of useful threads on exactly this.

vat euro site:forums.contractoruk.com
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      10 seconds on google and..

Transactions in foreign currencies and VAT - GOV.UK

10 seconds searching the forums using the google search method and..
      https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ice-euros.html

Type the following in to google to search the forums. Loads of useful threads on exactly this.

vat euro site:forums.contractoruk.com
      Been in the forum for a while, I did perform a search before posting this question. Confusion arises when a contractor invoices in the UK but supplies services outside UK.

Anyway a call to VAT office and agent's account department clarified that I should charge them VAT showing the equivalent GBP in the invoice.

Comment

Working...
      X