• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Christmas allowance - personal tax year or company tax year?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SuperLooper View Post
    Doesn't have to be Christmas.
    A Christmas Allowance doesn't have to be for Christmas? I'm contacting my HR and Marketing Department (the wife).

Comment

I know an annual allowance doesn't have to be used for Christmas, but the thread title was a bit of a clue as to the purpose of the proposal.

Comment

Originally posted by PhiltheGreek View Post
        I know an annual allowance doesn't have to be used for Christmas, but the thread title was a bit of a clue as to the purpose of the proposal.
        Maybe his company year-end is really near Christmas.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

That's right, I had a Christmas meal and didn't use up to my £150 available so thought about planning another "annual event" to use it. Looks like I'm in to next year already though...

Thanks WordIsBond - answers my problem clearly.

Comment

Originally posted by alloverit View Post
            Hi all, asking because my current accountant is giving different advice than previous ones. Is it £150 per head in your company tax year or the personal tax year (Apr-Apr)?

Thanks!
            Short answer it's tax year April to April not fiscal year (company year end)

Comment

How would you take this allowance if inside IR35?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                How would you take this allowance if inside IR35?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
                From retained profit from a previous engagement.
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                X