• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Starting a new SIPP, with a pension transfer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
    I should really offer an example...

Pension pot: £80,000
    Platform charge: 0.35%
    Imaginary fund OCF/TER: 0.45%
    Cost over 12 months: £640

Pension pot: £80,000
    Platform charge: £24 pcm
    Imaginary fund OCF/TER: 0.45%
    Cost over 12 months: £648

Usual caveats and excludes dealing charges.

Corrections welcome.
    How dat?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Just looking at transferring existing pension pot to a SIPP (~£110k).
      Ltd pays monthly employer contributions, which will probably be used to buy Vanguard ETFs (still got to watch Lars Kroijer videos!).

Looking around at provider costs, Interactive Investor looks good - £240 a year flat fees (currently works out at ~0.22% fees decreasing as pot increases).

Anyone compared fees recently and found an alternative ?

Comment

Mike before you simply open a new SIPP check out the pension transfer cashback offers most provide eg HL and AJBell.

You’ll get a tiered amount depending on how much pension you transfer in from your existing arrangement to a new SIPP on opening.

Not huge but enough for a nice meal or two.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiler View Post
          Looking around at provider costs, Interactive Investor looks good - £240 a year flat fees (currently works out at ~0.22% fees decreasing as pot increases).

Anyone compared fees recently and found an alternative ?
          This is share dealing fees and so you'd want to find out if it's the same within a pension, and I don't think it covers fund fees, but The Best Share Dealing Accounts | MyWalletHero

Comment

ii still looking good - £19.99 a month flat fee, which includes 1 trade (works for me as my Ltd is paying in monthly)

- Our administration fee is just £10 per month while you are building your pension pot, in addition to the service plan fee of £9.99 per month.
            - UK trades are charged at £7.99. Every month we give you a free credit of £7.99 to be used against any trade.
            Plus, currently offering £250 cashback for transferring in a SIPP.

Still looking around, but at the moment these lot look the best option for now.

Comment

Working...
            X