• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Personal Pension or SIPP?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personal Pension or SIPP?

Early 30's, got about £800 in a standard life pension that's practically doing nothing at all. Been looking at SIPP's, but I have absolutely no idea who and what to invest in. Wouldn't even know where to begin with anything like that if I'm honest. Not sure if I feel like taking a degree in investments and stock markets either. Seems like I might as well go and play Roulette as far as that's all concerned any how.

Either way I definately don't want to lose my corporation tax (5k or so) if I can instead put that straight into a pension instead.

Any advice / suggestions here please?

Why not speak to a professional then? Find yourself and IFA and speak to them.

I've a feeling you might want to speak to your accountant and find out how pensions and your tax works as well.

Don't forget your warchest though. No good having a tidy pension when you've nothing left to tide you over with the biggest upheaval contracting has ever seen on the horizon.
    Last edited by northernladuk; 17 September 2019, 09:19.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

My earlier contribution to another thread: "Also, please do read/view the Lars Kroijer book/videos before you start to throw your money around."
      HTH
      ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
      Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Working...
      X