• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sacked Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Happened to me
    stop the press....
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
      stop the press....
      LOL

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        My last perm client tried to do that and I got 30% more with no effort at all. Its blatantly wrong and a decent lawyer will rip them a new one.
        I think you mean employer, or were you a disguised contractor?

Comment

Why are people telling the OP to move on?

Cntxy81, you need to get legal advice as you have rights here.

It sounds like the employer are trying it on by saying that you resigned 3 months previous and are giving you 3 months pay as a redundancy in the hope that you'll accept that as tax free whereas the 3 months pay in lieu would be taxable.

From what you've said (though we're only hearing one side of things) its very likely they've broken all sorts of redundancy rules here (eg, verbal and written warnings, redundancy pay as well as notice period pay, following due process) but the actual rules will depend whether they're claiming a level of misconduct.

Did you get in writing their reason for dismissal?

Comment

Wondering why the OP hasn't responded, I suspect he'd post elsewhere too.

A single google search tells me he wasn't happy with the answers he got and went elsewhere. I might post over there on their thoughts on IR35.

https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/employm...1-Sacked-today

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post

A single google search tells me he wasn't happy with the answers he got and went elsewhere. I might post over there on their thoughts on IR35.

Sacked today | Mumsnet
              I would assume if they've posted on mumsnet then it's a she. Either that or they have bigger cojones than me as I wouldn't dare.

Shame they didn't come back. Looking at the term sales targets I am assuming this isn't a highly skilled role so if it's the energy sales type people they hire and fire regularly with little regard for the law which is why they think they can get away with it.
              If I'm anywhere close the the fact the OP has disputed the targets will be why they've gone. Not pleasant environments to work in those sales roles.

Anyway, plenty of internet hugs will be given over there so guess this thread is done.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post

Sacked today | Mumsnet
                Thanks. I do search to check for cross posting, but I guess we're first in alphabetical order. Poster banned.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                X